Siiiiiggghhhh.... I couldn't resist I hate you Bjorn's

CajunLB

CajunLB

Senior Audioholic
Ummmmmmm 4?
:rolleyes:

3 for the theater and 1 for the bedroom

But it's not like I have a problem or anything guys honest! :rolleyes:
You’re wife must be very understanding about your port fetish if she’s allowing your “condition “ to effect the bedroom.;);)

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
You’re wife must be very understanding about your port fetish if she’s allowing your “condition “ to effect the bedroom.;);)
I'm single and in my 40's .......... :oops: Maybe I should see that as a sign?!!? :(

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Ok so before I give my subjective not measured feedback on this PB 2000 pro let me give you some info about the equipment and room

Room pics: 20200621_181802.jpg20200621_181810.jpg
20200621_181840.jpg20200621_181850.jpg

Room dimensions: 14 feet across by 13 feet deep 9ft high ceilings in the last picture you can see an alcove a little desk area that is: 4ft 10inches wide by 5ft 6 inches deep

Equipment: speakers 3 JBL 580's as my front stage with 2 SVS prime towers as my surrounds. 1 SVS PB 2000 pro for the sub

Viewing: 1 100 inch 16:9 ALR screen with an Epson projector the Power Lite Pro G6450WU

Reciever: Onkyo TXRZ730, using the preouts for 2 Crown XLS 1502 for the front 3 JBL and 1 Crown XLS for the 2 SVS as surrounds

Have a roku for streaming, LG blue ray for movies and a cable box for TV.

Settings: I've set the crowns to the .775 high input setting for the preouts I found the preouts on this Onkyo to be a little wanting the crowns are set at the 5 o'clock position on the gain The sub trim on reciever is at -10 and on the PB 2000 pro sub volume is at -8

Speaker placement: the center tower is smack in the middle of the screen which is 92 inches wide at 46 inches in the middle both left and right are 46 inches apart tweeter to tweet from the center with slight toe in to the sweet spot on both l and r speakers

Surround left tower 7 feet 6 inches from sweet spot surround right tower 4 feet 6 inches from sweet spot

Volume settings I like towers and big subs for a reason so I can have good big sound with nice detail and dynamics at low volumes reference according to the onkyo is at 82 but I'm never above usually 67 to 70 on the volume it's more then enough for movies and music

Room issues where the 2000 is placed is one of the best spots for subs in this room no issues there

My JBL front 3 are 16 inches out from the wall the right one as you can see is too close to that dresser the combo of the dresser and corner is a measurable and audible issue which I tend to fix later by rearranging furniture

It sounds a bit bright but only from that right side in calibrating its about a 2 to 3 trim difference from the other front 2 due to that corner and it does pull imaging and soundstage to the right a bit a problem I plan to fix as I mentioned later tonight

No other real issues are presenting themselves at this time

Last edited:
D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Okay so what do I think about the 2000 pro?

I was extremely surprised so surprised I needed to pm Shady because I'm concerned about new buyer bias

User practicality this phone app is just extremely addictive my 4rth SVS sub using it once it's turned on it connects instantly to the app on my phone and I can just lay here in bed and dial it all in. No getting up and switching stuff tweaking stuff just listen to music and movies and make adjustments right there from the bed so easy to dual it in in less then 30 min I had it right where I wanted it

The performance is what threw me off I just sold the older PB 2000 for this one and I knew I was going to love the app but I really wasn't expecting much if any change in performance

It still has that squeaky clean just thick clear accurate zero distortion like sound with great deeper extension

But where it surprised me with was it was I felt punchier with more tactile response then the old 2000's

It was more detailed in music tracks I've listened to for years and I felt quicker much more dynamic

Which seems to reflect in the settings the trim of -10 for the avr and -8 for the sub was way lower than what I needed to set for the old PB 2000 in that spot

Combine that with the 5 year warranty stellar customer service free 45 day trial period lemon guarantee bill of rights plus the awesome remote control from your phone of every feature of this sub I need color me very impressed but skeptical

I'm still concerned about new buyer bias and reached out to Shady to see if he could give me any feedback on if my ears were being fooled or if this sub indeed performs better then the older PB 2000.

Unfortunately hes not far enough in the review and probably not able to give info at this time Id imagine so I'm looking forward to his full review with measurements

Meanwhile I'm super happy with this sub and plan on paying it off in my 45 day trial period and then buying a 2nd one for the bedroom

Old Onkyo

Old Onkyo

Audioholic General
Okay so what do I think about the 2000 pro?

I was extremely surprised so surprised I needed to pm Shady because I'm concerned about new buyer bias

User practicality this phone app is just extremely addictive my 4rth SVS sub using it once it's turned on it connects instantly to the app on my phone and I can just lay here in bed and dial it all in. No getting up and switching stuff tweaking stuff just listen to music and movies and make adjustments right there from the bed so easy to dual it in in less then 30 min I had it right where I wanted it

The performance is what threw me off I just sold the older PB 2000 for this one and I knew I was going to love the app but I really wasn't expecting much if any change in performance

It still has that squeaky clean just thick clear accurate zero distortion like sound with great deeper extension

But where it surprised me with was it was I felt punchier with more tactile response then the old 2000's

It was more detailed in music tracks I've listened to for years and I felt quicker much more dynamic

Which seems to reflect in the settings the trim of -10 for the avr and -8 for the sub was way lower than what I needed to set for the old PB 2000 in that spot

Combine that with the 5 year warranty stellar customer service free 45 day trial period lemon guarantee bill of rights plus the awesome remote control from your phone of every feature of this sub I need color me very impressed but skeptical

I'm still concerned about new buyer bias and reached out to Shady to see if he could give me any feedback on if my ears were being fooled or if this sub indeed performs better then the older PB 2000.

Unfortunately hes not far enough in the review and probably not able to give info at this time Id imagine so I'm looking forward to his full review with measurements

Meanwhile I'm super happy with this sub and plan on paying it off in my 45 day trial period and then buying a 2nd one for the bedroom
You’re killing me Smalls!!!

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Nice King size bed. I’m living my AV dreams through you Dan. Congrats on being single and having a PJ and the other stuff in the bedroom. Now that’s living!

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Nice King size bed. I’m living my AV dreams through you Dan. Congrats on being single and having a PJ and the other stuff in the bedroom. Now that’s living!
Thanks!!!!

Being single has its downsides but it definetly has its it's upsides as well!!!

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Thanks!!!!

What, everyone doesn't have a king? (Californicatin' king is what I've had for the last 30 years or so). No projector in my bedroom, just no good spot but 2 subs I managed to squeeze in :)

ps I've only had a slot port sub, passive radiator subs and sealed subs in my bedroom....safer that way ;)

CajunLB

CajunLB

Senior Audioholic
Thanks!!!!

Upside being you can practice your “condition” in private. Downside is the reason for discovering it because of lack of options.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis