should i upgrade my yamaha receiver

C

cesar ortiz

Audioholic Intern
i want your guys opinion do you guys think i should upgrade my current receiver aventage rx-a710 this receiver doesn't have dolby atmos or none of the new technology out there and now i am getting the need of upgrading but also dont want to hurt my pocket

believe it or not i found this receiver for 60 bucks with a center klipsch channel and 2 speaker stands lol

whats a good receiver that won't hurt my pockets and is the best bang for the buck with all the new technology i do not have a 4k projector unfortunately

right now at the moment this is my set up

i have alot of mixed matched sorry guys lol i just find good deals and i set up my little man cave/theater

for subwoofers i have super cube 2 ,super cube 4000 and then i have a klipsch r-110
so 3 subwoofers in total.

center channel i have klipsch klipsch rb-41 ii
stereo channels i have a set of HVL1 by wave crest it was highly recommended from the forums
surround speakers i have def tech 800 satellite speakers
rear surround i have klipsch ss1

my room is very small 8 feet by 9 feet

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
So are you planning to mount speakers in your ceiling? Get a 4k projector? In other words, why do you need a different avr now particularly? What do you want the new avr to do particularly? In my case I still have pre-4k and Atmos gear, haven't bought a 4k display nor have messed with my ceilings. That is a very small room for a 7.1 setup!

C

cesar ortiz

Audioholic Intern
So are you planning to mount speakers in your ceiling? Get a 4k projector? In other words, why do you need a different avr now particularly? What do you want the new avr to do particularly? In my case I still have pre-4k and Atmos gear, haven't bought a 4k display nor have messed with my ceilings. That is a very small room for a 7.1 setup!
Yeah that’s why I haven’t really looked in to a new avr right now I have a 7.1 with 3 subs hoked up is the little small room but I feel like the 7.1 might be too much

the 3 subs is fine because with just one it did not sound good at all the room was too small to much cancellations in some frequencies

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

P

photographer86

Audioholic
The question is what do you plan to do in the future? If you want to go 4k, then you should make sure the AVR is 4k pass through. If you want dolby atmos then want to make sure it does atmos. If you're undecided and have the bug like all of us do then continue looking around. If you're looking for a future proof AVR we all no that will never happen. lol. However you can make sure your next AVR has the current and new features out there. I myself like marantz, denon for my avr's of choice. See if you can find a deal on a newer AVR like the deal you found for your current setup. Nothing wrong with a little miss matching. We all build what we can. It's fun and part of the hobby.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis