Should I upgrade my receiver?

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
And yet you yourself failed to help the op in one of the threads.

In need of help choosing the best option for a new receiver and pre amp
Your right I don't help anyone.

In this thread post#2 I advised the OP it would be a Waste of Money to purchase a new receiver.

In the other thread your referring to I recommended Better Speakers. Now the OP in that thread refuses to believe he needs better speakers.

What I don't do is Troll the Forum spewing Bullshit like you. You add nothing to this Forum

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
:oops: Have to go by Costco today for a few things. I'm going to get ALL of the popcorn.:D

S

Sachb

Full Audioholic
:oops: Have to go by Costco today for a few things. I'm going to get ALL of the popcorn.:D
So do they have Yamaha Aventage series? All I'm seeing is the TSR costco model.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Nope, only the TSR-700, big stack of em’. But, they ran out of popcorn.:confused:

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Your priority should always be speakers, and yes the yamaha may sound better, cause it will be a lot more powerful than your current onkyo.

Here's a demo of my Yamaha RX-A1080.

Oh yeah a video of audio will prove it! LOL

S

Sachb

Full Audioholic
Oh yeah a video of audio will prove it! LOL
Atleast I showed him the video of my own RX-A1080, what have you contributed to this thread, literally nothing.

You were so super focused on quoting each and every post of mine instead of helping the op.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Atleast I showed him the video of my own RX-A1080, what have you contributed to this thread, literally nothing.

You were so super focused on quoting each and every post of mine instead of helping the op.

You are just pushing your favorite avr, how is that particularly helpful again? I'll take my contributions in this forum over yours any day....

S

Sachb

Full Audioholic
You are just pushing your favorite avr, how is that particularly helpful again? I'll take my contributions in this forum over yours any day....
Can you please stop doing this man, just answer op's question. Get a life man.
There's no competition here, do you get my drift?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Can you please stop doing this man, just answer op's question. Get a life man.
There's no competition here, do you get my drift?

Okay

@Brentlee24 you said sound quality was fine with your current unit, and likely a new unit would only change the feature set, not the basic sound quality. Be happy and enjoy.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Your priority should always be speakers, and yes the yamaha may sound better, cause it will be a lot more powerful than your current onkyo.

Here's a demo of my Yamaha RX-A1080.

Umm, nice setup you have, but think maybe you should give your AVR some space to Breathe don't you think? Also Separating the left and right mains will give you a much better sound stage.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
In my home theater i have a couple Polk signature s60s, s35 center and other surround speakers. and a svs pb 1000. I use the 60s and svs sub for music and it sounds good. I have a cheap Onkyo tx-nr585 that was 250$. My question is there really a noticeable difference if I upgraded to let's say a Yamaha Aventage RX-A1080 for 1200 dollars or would that be a waste of money.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
Speakers and their room interaction define 99.9% of the sound so if your room hasnt changed, then swapping AVRs will do very little to change the sound with the exception of the room correction facilities found on the AVRs. If you are looking to change the sound, change your speakers.

S

Sachb

Full Audioholic
Umm, nice setup you have, but think maybe you should give your AVR some space to Breathe don't you think? Also Separating the left and right mains will give you a much better sound stage.
The reciever already has a lot of space, i play it at 50-60, and its super loud, & it also doesn't get warm unlike the previous Denon I had.

Well listening to this & the Denon, is big difference.

I was thinking of some stands, but there's too much black, I mean Elacs are huge black boxes. I wanted a white stand or maybe a silver one for the Elac.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis