should I buy a HC3000 for closeout price of $799? or buy a HD70 or another model?

B

bans25

Audiophyte
I would really like a 1080P projector, but I am going to wait for a while till prices come down a bit... My basement has gone way over budget so I am trying to be conservitive for now... (although the HC4900 looks good with rebate.. but almost twice the price of the HC3000)

So 720P it is! I have been looking around and it seems like the HD70 is a good bang for buck projector.. Then I was a BB and noticed a HC3000 closeout for $799... (they got one left.. guys is holding it for me till 8PM)

What do you think? Should I go that route? It is in a light controlled basement about 11' back on a 7' high mount.. thrown onto a 93" screen....

This will be my first front projector...

Its a couple year old model at this point.. any others I should consider before pulling the handle? The problem with projectors is I can't see before buying..

Any help is appreciated!!

thanks

-Bill

Rob Babcock

Rob Babcock

That's a great projector and a great deal- even though it's a little older its' still quite competitive. The only issue I could see is the offset. You mentioned your HT is a basement, and often this means a low ceiling. Depending on how high you mount the screen you may not make it fit without quite a bit of keystone adjustment. You should measure before you buy it.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis