Shawshank Redemption

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I heard about how good this movie really was so I finally watched it while at the trailer during the monsoons that were happening last night. I'm going to buy this flick on bluray.

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
I heard about how good this movie really was so I finally watched it while at the trailer during the monsoons that were happening last night. I'm going to buy this flick on bluray.
Excellent movie! The novella by King is pretty good too - this is one of the few really well done movies based on Stephen King's works that sticks pretty close to the source. The Green Mile is another one.

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
Did you watch the Bucket List with Freeman and Nicholson. That's quite a good film too. :)

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
This is a must own IMO. Great film. Surprised it took you until now to watch it. I didn't watch Taxi Driver until I was an adult too though, then regretted having not seen it until then lol.

G

GotAudio

Audioholic
Better late than never. Shawshank redemption is probably on my top 10 best movies of all time list.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Yeah box office isn't necessarily indicative of quality. Shawshank is one of my favs, have had a copy on dvd for a long time and it's one of those if I'm cruising channels will stop and watch some or the rest of it....almost 30 years old now, wow.

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
I've never seen it, and don't plan on it. My Dad hyped this movie up so much, and always asks me if I've watched it yet. It's become a standing joke in the family now. Him asking. Me telling him no.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I've never seen it, and don't plan on it. My Dad hyped this movie up so much, and always asks me if I've watched it yet. It's become a standing joke in the family now. Him asking. Me telling him no.
So watch it lol. Then tell him no :)

I would say this one is probably in my top 10 too.

Last edited:
panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Excellent movie! The novella by King is pretty good too - this is one of the few really well done movies based on Stephen King's works that sticks pretty close to the source. The Green Mile is another one.
Agreed. Both are excellent. Green Mile is just as good IMHO.

H

Hobbit

Senior Audioholic
I read Different Seasons in High School. I remember when first, when I saw Stand by Me (what that cast went on to do!) and was like I think read this! Same when Shawshank came out. Both were great short stories and movies.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Most definitely a must own masterpiece. This is the highest rated movie of all times on IMDB.

The 4 highest rated movies of all times on IMDB:

Shawshank Redemption 9.3
The Godfather 9.2
The Godfather Part II 9.0
The Dark Knight 9.0

4K BD:

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis