Share my media on another TV

T

tjlmbklr

Junior Audioholic
Here is my setup: I have my HTPC setup in my living. I want to have another TV mounted on my wall in my bedroom. I am trying to do this by the simplest means possible. My bedroom really does not have any room for another PC, media server or anything more than a TV mounted on the wall. I can use Hippo Remote on my iPhone to be able controller my HTPC over my wifi. If I can just run a long HDMI to my HTPC to a switch that is already in the living room. The caveat in this is before bed I would need to have it switched to able to receive the signal in the bedroom.

I am open for ideas. I basically want my TV in the bedroom to display what is in my living room while I am lying in bed.

Thank you.

G

Grador

Audioholic Field Marshall
Do you have room for an apple TV hidden behind the TV? This would probably be the easiest and cleanest way to go about this.

T

tjlmbklr

Junior Audioholic
Unfortunately no, I just have the one wall across from the bed with no shelf or table space available.

J

jcunwired

Audioholic
How about Roku? It's small enough to be duct taped to the back of your display, and you can use the Plex app to view live and recorded tv or transcode (depending on capabilities of your HTPC) other video files with Plex Media Server running on the HTPC. It works very well for both mkv and iso's from my archived content.

N

nickisgame69

Audiophyte
Use PLAiR. PLAiR. It plugs into the TV so no shelf space needed and lets you stream media from your PC to the TV

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis