B

bruin62

Full Audioholic
i set the sub phase to 0 ran aud. setup then tuned the level in with a SPL meter. in the reciever i set the LPF for LFE to 120Hz and i changed the sub mode to LFE or should that be changed back to LFE + mains because my front speakers are connected to the sub? in your opinions should i bother setting up my old CT 120 velodyne sub? or do you think this will just make it boomy? is there anything else i should set? the new sub is a PB-3000

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
What speakers? How are they connected to the sub?

LFE setting in the avr is my preference, some like the overlapping low bass in the speaker and sub.

B

bruin62

Full Audioholic
my two front mains have 2 8" subs in each speaker so i ran a splitter.from the sub to the LFE in each speaker

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Toss the velodyne in the garbage. Set mains to small. Use high level connections and set AVR to LFE(not lfe+mains) with LPF set to 120. The subs in the mains are useless as subs, and the pb3000 is much better than the mains and velodyne combined.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Yeah, what he said.;) Only, don’t toss the Velodyne, could use it in another system.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Yeah, what he said.;) Only, don’t toss the Velodyne, could use it in another system.
That was short sighted of me to say. I agree, it could be useful somewhere else.

B

bruin62

Full Audioholic
i took it as a figure of speech to toss it in the garbage lol i will try and sell it that might cover the 60 dollar cost of buying those rubber feet for my new sub to help cut back on some of the floor viberations

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis