Setup of denon AVR-x4400h and sub

B

Bwian

Audiophyte
Hello all, hope this is the right place for this thread

i Got a 9.1 setup, denon x4400h amp, Dali Blue speakers and Dali sub, 2 Dali atmos speakers, i love the setup and i havent had problems before, but a couple days ago i ran the auto setup with the mikrofone, all speakers and sub works fine when i do the setup, but my sub doesnt give any bass anymore. I get some bass from the two large front speakers.
i have Googled and looked in here but i am a noob so i am not always sure what i am Reading

looking forward to your answers. Thanks

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Depends on your setup/playback mode somewhat. Are your speakers set to "small" (i.e. use bass management)?

What is the content you're testing the system with? Does it have an LFE channel and the sub is still silent?

B

Bwian

Audiophyte
Front speakers is set to large, the sub is connected in lfe,
After the calibration with the microfone, i testet it with at movie and Music through HEOS. I tried turning the volume up on sub White watching a movie, but i couldnt feel it doing anything.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Set your L/R speakers to small, that will permit the sub to be used with 2ch music if you use the stereo playback mode. What was the source of the movie, a bluray or dvd or ? Some do prefer a bit more bass than the basic Audyssey setup provides and increase the sub trim level up a couple dB....

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
There are two settings for the sub, LFE or LFE & Main, the latter can use the sub with speakers set to large, but creates an overlap with your speakers somewhat, not my preference but you might try that.

B

Bwian

Audiophyte
Set your L/R speakers to small, that will permit the sub to be used with 2ch music if you use the stereo playback mode. What was the source of the movie, a bluray or dvd or ? Some do prefer a bit more bass than the basic Audyssey setup provides and increase the sub trim level up a couple dB....
the movie was played on Plex, on Apple TV. I have tried turning the volume up a det dB, but i get Nothing at all from the sub. I cant even fell anything when i put my hand on the sub.

B

Bwian

Audiophyte
There are two settings for the sub, LFE or LFE & Main, the latter can use the sub with speakers set to large, but creates an overlap with your speakers somewhat, not my preference but you might try that.
I will try to make speakers small, and lfe.

B

Bwian

Audiophyte
Isnt the cable from det amp supposet to go info lfe in the sub.

B

Bwian

Audiophyte
Thanks for all the help. I made a reset of the amp and made a complete setup from scratch. It works now.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Isnt the cable from det amp supposet to go info lfe in the sub.
With some subs it doesn't make much difference, the lfe input on a sub might bypass the sub's own low pass filter (lpf) so as not to conflict with the one the avr will provide. To be sure, just turn the lpf on the sub to max value. Keep in mind that LFE is just the ".1" channel in movies for the most part, but is not redirected bass from other channels, that comes from setting speakers to small and use a crossover (between sub and speakers).

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
the movie was played on Plex, on Apple TV. I have tried turning the volume up a det dB, but i get Nothing at all from the sub. I cant even fell anything when i put my hand on the sub.
Depends on what the codec was. Many shows are still only provided as 2ch source....what was the codec playing? What sound mode were you playing the avr in?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis