Setup in Avr... is this a Bug ?

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Well front and rear height is supported, and should work well enough. I don’t really understand the question, but it looks like the bed layer surrounds are too high if anything...

fabiocz

fabiocz

Audioholic
That's a lot of speakers in a little room!
I get that your speakers are where they are, but for Atmos to really work its best it's my understanding the speakers need to be in ceiling or more mounted overhead to perform best. They look like they're positioned more like height speakers than Atmos. That could be why you're not satisfied where it's at right now.
But i am satisfied.

What I would like to know is if I am not losing performance by using the 02 model in receiver and not the 01.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
But i am satisfied.

What I would like to know is if I am not losing performance by using the 02 model in receiver and not the 01.
Where is 01 and 02? Can you repost them?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I was just scratching my head about the same thing as to what is "01" and "02"....

fabiocz

fabiocz

Audioholic
Where is 01 and 02? Can you repost them?
Didn't scroll back that far, thanks....but looks to be the same diagram in each
In post #01 i explain it right

But will post again

01 = SETUP IN DENON = Only works DTS X + Auro 3D, Atmos was downgrade for only front speakers
01.fw.png

02 = SETUP IN DENON = Work all : Atmos + DTS X + Auro 3D
02.png

My system =
IMG_20191226_205631544.jpg

What I would like to know is if I am not losing performance by using the 02 model in receiver and not the 01 ?
I dont use atmos, only neural x / dts x in all things...

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
No. I don’t think your losing performance. But. I think the surrounds could be lowered a little.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
l
In post #01 i explain it right

But will post again

01 = SETUP IN DENON = Only works DTS X + Auro 3D, Atmos was downgrade for only front speakers
View attachment 37118

02 = SETUP IN DENON = Work all : Atmos + DTS X + Auro 3D
View attachment 37119

My system =
View attachment 37120

What I would like to know is if I am not losing performance by using the 02 model in receiver and not the 01 ?
I dont use atmos, only neural x / dts x in all things...
That would be diagrams 1 and 3 from your original post. Have you tried both and see if you simply have a preference? Are you actually going to move speakers? I'd be more worried about the poor positioning of your surrounds myself.

fabiocz

fabiocz

Audioholic
No. I don’t think your losing performance. But. I think the surrounds could be lowered a little.
That would be diagrams 1 and 3 from your original post. Have you tried both and see if you simply have a preference? Are you actually going to move speakers? I'd be more worried about the poor positioning of your surrounds myself.
I will not move the speakers because they are very good where they are, great effects, involvement even though it is a small environment.

I was just curious about the receiver's configuration modes if they do a big impact in how the sound is distributed or they are just settings for the receiver to know how many speakers you use.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I will not move the speakers because they are very good where they are, great effects, involvement even though it is a small environment.

I was just curious about the receiver's configuration modes if they do a big impact in how the sound is distributed or they are just settings for the receiver to know how many speakers you use.
Your speaker placement is problematic and can be improved. Probably quite a bit. You're here, you asked if you're losing anything and we are telling you that yes you are because of poor speaker placement. I don't understand why, if you're concerned about getting the best sound possible you would dismiss one of the most basic and important parts of setup.

Yes the different modes change how the sound is distributed. That's kind of the point. You have to figure out what works best for you. Atmos requires in ceiling speakers and you don't have them. I don't have ceiling speakers either so... I never use the Atmos setting. In your boat I would use height settings, not Atmos. When I listen to music I choose stereo. Movies 5.1 or 7.1 Dolby or DTS. Whichever one the source uses.

None of it really matters if you don't have your speakers set up correctly tho. You're not hearing it the way it's meant to be heard so I'll say again, yes you are losing immersion.

fabiocz

fabiocz

Audioholic
Your speaker placement is problematic and can be improved. Probably quite a bit. You're here, you asked if you're losing anything and we are telling you that yes you are because of poor speaker placement. I don't understand why, if you're concerned about getting the best sound possible you would dismiss one of the most basic and important parts of setup.

Yes the different modes change how the sound is distributed. That's kind of the point. You have to figure out what works best for you. Atmos requires in ceiling speakers and you don't have them. I don't have ceiling speakers either so... I never use the Atmos setting. In your boat I would use height settings, not Atmos. When I listen to music I choose stereo. Movies 5.1 or 7.1 Dolby or DTS. Whichever one the source uses.

None of it really matters if you don't have your speakers set up correctly tho. You're not hearing it the way it's meant to be heard so I'll say again, yes you are losing immersion.
Thanks for the help !!!

Unfortunately I can't change their positioning, it's not a dedicated environment, it's a room / cinema hahahah

I think I should run the audyssey again but this time with the settings exactly the way my speakers are.

At the moment I think the involvement is very good, but how can I say that it cannot improve if I don’t try otherwise.

=)

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi

Then why are you so concerned with the pictographs?

fabiocz

fabiocz

Audioholic
Then why are you so concerned with the pictographs?
Because nobody knew how to answer me if there is a difference in the final result between the 2 modes, so I created a way to expose the doubt with the figures.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis