Setting up home theatre for first time

A

Abhijeet.vp

Audiophyte
Hi guys,
I am planning to buy Klipsch gallery pack G28- 2 Nos (L/R), g16 - 1 (Cent), G12 - 2nos(surround) and Sw110 sub. Main reason to select this pack is their compactness/looks, fits my budget, and also read some good reviews about them.
Please suggest me a suitable amp for them.I was looking to buy somewhere in the range of 500 to 600 AUD, however doesn't seem many options there.

Thanks
Abhijeet

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
Hi guys,
I am planning to buy Klipsch gallery pack G28- 2 Nos (L/R), g16 - 1 (Cent), G12 - 2nos(surround) and Sw110 sub. Main reason to select this pack is their compactness/looks, fits my budget, and also read some good reviews about them.
Please suggest me a suitable amp for them.I was looking to buy somewhere in the range of 500 to 600 AUD, however doesn't seem many options there.

Thanks
Abhijeet

Hi, Abhijeet!

I am sorry to say that those speakers are not designed for surround sound. A 'Sound Bar' is intended to replace a Televisions internal speakers, using a single sound bar.

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
If you like Klipsch, take a look at some of their other Wall mounted speaker options, or let us know what else is available in your area. As well as your budget!

If you would like to go deeper, tell us about the room they will be played in, provide dimensions and pics if you can!

A

Abhijeet.vp

Audiophyte
Hi Warrior,
I shall certainly get back to you on this. I am fairly new on this, I had looked on the Klipsch website on there discontinued Gallery home pack (which they promote as a home theatre) which I liked. I have seen a local dealer over here who sells it as a home theatre package.
I shall get the dimensions of my room soon. But as i said for me one of the criteria is looks and compactness. And i really found these as a better option. Haven't had a demo yet tho.
Would be great to have advice from you after i get back with the details.

Thanks

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
Hi Warrior,
I shall certainly get back to you on this. I am fairly new on this, I had looked on the Klipsch website on there discontinued Gallery home pack (which they promote as a home theatre) which I liked. I have seen a local dealer over here who sells it as a home theatre package.
I shall get the dimensions of my room soon. But as i said for me one of the criteria is looks and compactness. And i really found these as a better option. Haven't had a demo yet tho.
Would be great to have advice from you after i get back with the details.

Thanks
Sadly, retailers will try to sell you anything! While you could make it 'work', the results would be far less than similarly priced speakers.

Completely understand the clean look you are going for, so that your room is not dominated by giant speakers! But the laws of physics make small, shallow, speakers very difficult (and expensive) to build correctly.

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
If looks are that much more important than SOUND, then perhaps a soundbar is right for you. It would be a waste of a good AV receiver to use one though.

H

herbu

Audioholic Samurai
one of the criteria is looks and compactness.
If that is your priority, it's OK. But please understand that in the lower price range, you will sacrifice sound quality for "looks and compactness". It seems like a bit of a contradiction to me. You want to buy a sound system, but it is more important to look good than sound good? That means you will be happier when the system is turned off and you just look at it?

Please think carefully about what you want, and how you want to spend your money.

Like TheWarrior said, a soundbar is a single unit that goes under or over your TV. A "home theater" usually means surround sound. And surround sound requires speakers beside and/or behind you, in addition to the speakers in front of you. Although soundbars try to imitate surround sound, they cannot do it.

A soundbar can GREATLY improve the sound of your TV, but it cannot give you "home theater" sound. I have a soundbar under our bedroom TV and it sounds great... but we only use it to watch the morning news & weather with our coffee. My mother has a soundbar under her living room TV, and it makes it MUCH easier for her to understand TV voices with her hearing aids. So I think there can be good uses for a soundbar, but "home theater" is not one of them.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis