setting subs on mains?

R

redd454

Audioholic
i have a set of vintage mach one r/shack speakers fat and short, and a set of monoprice 12" budget 150 watt sub's, ported out the bottom fire out the front,i would like to set the sub's on mach one's, would that be ok? or should the deff. stay on floor, these spk. are heavy 15" horn mid and tweeter, just to throw this out there

Bucknekked

Bucknekked

Audioholic Samurai
i have a set of vintage mach one r/shack speakers fat and short, and a set of monoprice 12" budget 150 watt sub's, ported out the bottom fire out the front,i would like to set the sub's on mach one's, would that be ok? or should the deff. stay on floor, these spk. are heavy 15" horn mid and tweeter, just to throw this out there
I don't know what the technically correct answer is.
But, back in the day when we had questions like this we just saddled up and tried it out.
No harm in just trying it out and seeing if you like the sound.

I might get some rubber furniture coasters/foot pads for the the subs as you place them on top of the speakers.

You said they are Radio Shack speakers? Honestly. What's the worst thing that could happen?
Yep, that might be a good thing.

R

redd454

Audioholic
thank's yep good ol paper cone power pumpin mach one , wood spk i've not been able to distort o blow them, still original, 43 years and goin, like the enerizer bunny

Y

yepimonfire

Audioholic Samurai
If you’re speakers are big enough to set the subwoofer on, perhaps you need a bigger sub/no sub :p

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis