S

swetzel

Audiophyte
Good afternoon everyone and thanks in advance. I currently have a system hooked up, however have new dvd w/ HDMI hook up capability and HD/DVR Charter (MOXI) box w/ DVI capability and need help.
Right now they are hooked up to the ONKYO receiver 780 using component cables.
I have a HDMI cable, a HDMI - DVI cable, optical, component, and s-video cables.
I tried using the HDMI-DVI cable from TV to Moxi, but when I disconnected the video component cable from the tv, the picture went out, therefore I dont have something right.
The TV and the Onkyo receiver have many different variables to work with, very confused
The Onkyo receiver doesnt have HDMI or DVI inputs or outputs, right now as i turn each component on the receiver switches automatically and plays.
Some dvds sound cut out the other night on 2 different movies, then came back.???????????????????????

If you need exact hookup skematic let me know

Any and All help is appreciated!
Charter MOXI HD/DVR W/DVI

Thanks,
Swetzel

jcPanny

jcPanny

Audioholic Ninja
Video connections

Swetzel,
You will have to change the video source on the TV and may have to adjust the setup on the Moxi to use the DVI/HDMI connection. Right now, you only use a single component video connection on the TV, because the receiver is switching the different video sources. Once you have the video and audio connections working, you can simplify the control with a Harmony or Home Theater Master remote with macros.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis