Seperate muti-channel cables or one set?

Z

zumbo

Audioholic Spartan
Would it be better for multi-channel audio to use 2 sets (L/R) of Belden 1505F, a single (C) Belden 1505F, and one (sub) Canare LV-77S. Or use a whole six-channel set of Beldin 1505F. Or use a whole set of Canare LV77S?

I have decided it is time to try out the dvd-a scene. I have the player, just no dvd-a's yet. :confused:

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
zumbo said:
Would it be better for multi-channel audio to use 2 sets (L/R) of Belden 1505F, a single (C) Belden 1505F, and one (sub) Canare LV-77S. Or use a whole six-channel set of Beldin 1505F. Or use a whole set of Canare LV77S?

I have decided it is time to try out the dvd-a scene. I have the player, just no dvd-a's yet. :confused:

I think you are asking about audio cables to use from the DVD-A to the receiver?
Any 6 audio interconnect will do you well.

Z

zumbo

Audioholic Spartan
"Any cable" is not the response I am looking for. I want to get the best I can get since it will not be a cheap purchase. I have decided on the Blue Jeans Cables I listed, just not sure which route to take. Thanks for your response! :)

Last edited:
mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

zumbo said:
"Any cable" is not the response I am looking for. I want to get the best I can get since it will not be a cheap purchase. I have decided on the Blue Jeans Cables I listed, just not sure which route to take. Thanks for your response! :)

Well, you will not benefit from more expensive cables as an audio interconnect. You may want to reconsider and buy less expensive unless looks matter.

Z

zumbo

Audioholic Spartan
I have an expensive Tara Labs sub cable now. I had the famous "sub-hum" and I now use a 75ohm cable isolater. While researching cables, I read on Blue Jeans website that the Canare LV-77S has the highest resistance to this. But, they recommend a six-channel set of Belden 1505F for multi-channel. They do offer Canare LV-77S in a multi-channel set for a higher cost. But they state this:"The tradeoff is that LV-77S is thicker, slightly less flexible, and about 25% higher in capacitance than 1505F." So, I was thinking to use the Canare LV-77S for the sub, & Belden 1505F for the rest. This is the reason for the question. I believe the prices are very good, & the looks don't mean a thing to me. :)

Last edited:
Z

zumbo

Audioholic Spartan
Well, I decided to use a Belden 1505F 5-channel set with one Canare LV-77S for the sub connection. I will also upgrade my LFE-out on the receiver to the Canare LV-77S. :) Might be a waste of money, but it's my hobby. :D

Last edited:
mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

zumbo said:
Well, I decided to use a Belden 1505F 5-channel set with one Canare LV-77S for the sub connection. I will also upgrade my LFE-out on the receiver to the Canare LV-77S. :) Might be a waste of money, but it's my hobby. :D

Now I understood what you were after. If you are happy with the results, nothing else matters :)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis