Separates equivalent to AVC-X6700H

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
The reason I am interested in separates is during heavy moments in a movie your AV is being asked to work very hard while separates have less of a problem here allowing the same quality at all levels. I am only young, just 54 :) so I do not have a lot of experience in Audio only to research what is good and what is bad.
I think you need to familiarize yourself with the audiophile terminology.

What you are describing can be achieved by both “separates“ and AVR + Amps.

Separates means Processor (AVP or Pre-pros) or Preamp + Amps.

AVR is NOT “separates“.

So when you say AVR + Amps, that is not “separates“.

If you want “separates“, then it would be something like the Marantz AV7706 + amps or Yamaha CX-A5200 + amps.

So the question is, what is the definition of SEPARATES?

Does the amp have to be separate or external from everything else to be separate?

Last edited:
witchdoctor

witchdoctor

Full Audioholic
So Koolego I have been using separates in my main theater and a receiver in the mancave. Since the equipment you have now is zip maybe figure out where your seating and speakers will be located to get the proper setup for atmos 7.2.4. You can download the specs from dolby online. In my main theater I decided to use active speakers as you can see in my signature. This way you don't need amplifiers or a receiver. You can take a look at what they use in the studios, JBL, Dynaudio, Focal, Yamaha, Genelec, etc. If you are shopping for amplifiers I would make sure to check out Parasound and Sunfire. If you are on a budget you can also find good deals on amps from JBL Synthesis in the pre-owned market. For some reason this brand for custom installs flies under the radar and deals can be found.

witchdoctor

witchdoctor

Full Audioholic

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis