Sellers Remorse...........

J

jamie2112

Banned
I sold my beloved B&W Matrix 804's today. I am rather sad and didn't think I could be attached to speakers:eek: but I find myself regretting the sale.....I am planning on spending about 5k on speakers and could use some suggestions. I KNOW I like Salk.HT-3 is kind of what I am looking for although I am listening to a pair of Wilson Watt puppies tomorrow and have been told they are stunning. I am looking forward to that. I now need to buy just to get over my loss...........:D

CraigV

CraigV

Audioholic General
Normally I would suggest going out & getting something new right away, but this is not a situation to rush. Instead of being remorseful, look at the experience of auditioning as an adventure all of its own. Hearing a lot of different speakers can be a very rewarding journey, and when you find the right one, you’ll know and appreciate taking the time to do it right.

MidnightSensi

MidnightSensi

Audioholic Samurai
CraigV gave some really really good advice there. Enjoy the process of looking for a new speaker, the journey.

I still have my original set of high fi speakers. They are collecting dust, but, I couldn't let them go.

captiankirk28

Full Audioholic
WOW-- Now that is a sad story, I feel bad for you! But i see that you are already on the road to recovery since you are going to listen to a pair of Wilsons Watts. But just dont ever forget about the B&W I hope you have some pics of them :D;)

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
i agree. i remember that i enjoyed myself more hunting for my speakers rather than actual possession. (the purchase and unboxing was the climax)

you should prolong the speaker hunt as long as you can

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
Hi Jamie, I understand completely!
I get very attached to speakers too, probably why I never get rid of any.:D

One suggestion, give the Paradigm S-8’s a listen.
Enjoy the hunt!
Rick

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
I too know your pain. :(When I sold my Betas and my 705 I cried. It was so hard to part with my first seamless front sound stage and the receiver I had grown to love.

But I know once I get the DIY stuff done. It will have been worth it.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Have you considered offering from the Pro-Audio area's? The Monitors I listened to yesterday blew we away for their size.

SheepStar

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
jamie

Listen to some Vandersteens in that price range. Either the 3A signature or the 5. They're strange looking but sound great. Then order some Salks. I still think you should compare the HT2-TL and HT3 before you buy.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
I sold my beloved B&W Matrix 804's today. I am rather sad and didn't think I could be attached to speakers:eek: but I find myself regretting the sale.....I am planning on spending about 5k on speakers and could use some suggestions. I KNOW I like Salk.HT-3 is kind of what I am looking for although I am listening to a pair of Wilson Watt puppies tomorrow and have been told they are stunning. I am looking forward to that. I now need to buy just to get over my loss...........:D

I was wondering on why you were selling your speakers. Congrats...I hope!:)

I don't remember if you have a dedicated stereo room or not, but if I were spending that kind of coin on speakers I'd have a dedicated (treated) room to put them in.

Are you gonna use a sub in the new set up?

I wish I was in your position. This should be fun!

Good luck!

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Oh man I feel for you buddy. I can certainly relate 100%! I really miss my Ascend 340's and my Paradigm Studio 20 v.3's. Still yet, I really regret selling my Pioneer 1015. Finally, there is the Hsu VTF-3 MK III that just blew me away. Oh well, we all live and learn. Hang in there Jamie, as this may lead to a better opportunity for you. :);):)

Cheers,

Phil

J

jamie2112

Banned
Thanks to all of you. I am feelin better about the sale now and am looking forward to listening and buying another set. I am getting ready to go audition the Wilson's and I really want to hear the Salk HT-3 as well. I just found a set of 801D B&W's for $4800 so I am going to listen to them as well.....I am at the start of what I hope to be is a fun and rewarding journey.....glad you all are along for the ride...:)

J

jostenmeat

Audioholic Spartan
I just found a set of 801D B&W's for $4800 so I am going to listen to them as well.....I am at the start of what I hope to be is a fun and rewarding journey.....glad you all are along for the ride...:)
UHHHH.... that is a steal, man. :eek: Can ya PM me how you found that?!

edit: sorry about the loss. I was very impressed with the 804s myself, and they were on my very short list for the price point candidates. I was pretty close to getting them actually... but I see you had the Matrix, never heard those.

G

griffinconst

Senior Audioholic
I saw those in the for sale section. If I had the money I would have given those a very good home and maybe you could 've come to visit them once in a while.:D

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis