Selling a mid-'80 Kenwood discrete system consisting of:
KA-V6000 Integrated AV Surround Amplifier
KD-74F(B) Automatic Linear Turntable
KVC-474 (B) Controller / Preamp
G74 (B) Graphic Equalizer
KX94W (B) Cassette Deck
KA94 (B) Amplifier
KT54 (B) Tuner
Everything works except the turntable which appears to need a belt. It powers on, just doesn't spin.
This equipment was purchased new in Japan by a US service member. The person's belongings were returned to the US at Ft. Huachuca, AZ around 1986. They remained in the storage/shipping container, unclaimed until 2019 when I bought the container at public auction. I did a search for the owner but could not find him.
Everything is in the original boxes.
I am accepting offers for the whole package. I will also consider trade for hot rods, vintage/classics, project cars/trucks.
Steve, located 20 miles west of Tombstone, AZ.
System Stack  .jpg

Attachments

carlthess40

carlthess40

Audioholic
Nice starter system
I believe you need to post a price for these items as this is not eBay, sorry not being a pest here. But I believe that’s how things are done on these forums
What do you need for them ? And shipping?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

X

Xoloski

Audiophyte
Thanks Carl,
I didn't see a price requirement, I did see the option to list for trade, which is essentially what I seek. I also did say that I am accepting offers. I'd rather not ship because of the time involved. I would deliver within a reasonable distance for an acceptable trade. What do you think would be a fair price?

carlthess40

carlthess40

Audioholic
I have no idea without seeing all the gear and if you go though each and every peace and list all things that are wrong. What’s in your favor is this. You have all the boxes and paper work for each item. That’s always a plus. Myself, I’d like the turntable. I know you stated it’s not working. Witch is fine with me as I’ve always wanted to take that type apart.
It’s one of the hard ones to work on. Other thing going against you is the age. Many many caps will need to be replaced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

X

Xoloski

Audiophyte
I unboxed everything in February. Everything worked as it should with the exception of the turntable which did power up but not spin. I'd say it needs a new belt. All the other equipment worded as it should. I do not want to break apart the set as it would lose value. I do under that electrolytic capacitors break down with age, true with vintage equipment. I listed the system at this forum: https://www.avforums.com/threads/kenwood-discrete-system.2303884/
You can see the response from a viewer.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Is this an actual matched set where it has a particular value as a complete set vs individual components? Got anything to backup the complete set thing?

X

Xoloski

Audiophyte
I bought it as a set. I am not an audiophile so I am unaware of a factory created SETs as you describe, where can I find this information?
Here are some crops of serial numbers.
The numbers are close, but again I am unfamiliar with serial number decoding or Kenwood serial number nomenclature in general.
Please feel free to offer accordingly.
SN 1.jpg
SN 2.jpg
SN 3.jpg
SN 4.jpg
SN 6.jpg

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I bought it as a set. I am not an audiophile so I am unaware of a factory created SETs as you describe, where can I find this information?
Here are some crops of serial numbers.
The numbers are close, but again I am unfamiliar with serial number decoding or Kenwood serial number nomenclature in general.
Please feel free to offer accordingly.
View attachment 38138View attachment 38139View attachment 38140View attachment 38141View attachment 38142
I think what he's getting at is, is there a reason you don't want to break the set up? Is it more valuable/sought after as a set or are you losing money piecing it out? If there's no real reason to keep it together as a set you may have an easier time selling the individual components. A lot of times someone in the market for vintage gear might just be looking for that one component to complete their own "set".

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Yes, I'd look into it both ways, but I did assume it was some sort of specific matched set/stack of components....such were somewhat popular back in the day. Might look for sold items on audiogon/hifishark/ebay for ideas of value. Personally no interest altho seeing a picture of each item (not just the box) might be cool, too.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
That stack does look good all set up together! Man, it was just a different era.

Kenwood has been out of the home audio market for many years now. I always like their car audio, quality per $ is tough to beat.

X

Xoloski

Audiophyte
Understand.
It's like creating an automotive analogy.
"Studebaker stopped making the Avanti in 1963, and there's one for sale. But my Ford Focus is getting me by so, I'll just keep it."

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
20 miles west of Tombstone? Hereford? Have good friends there who might have some interest.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Understand.
It's like creating an automotive analogy.
"Studebaker stopped making the Avanti in 1963, and there's one for sale. But my Ford Focus is getting me by so, I'll just keep it."
Car analogies don't usually work for me but dealing with audio gear vs an Avanti is probably a lot easier :) Always loved the Avanti, tho....

X

Xoloski

Audiophyte
Whetstone, 1/2 way between Tombstone and Sonoita.
Have one of your friends come pick this up for you.

Current offer for the package is $500.

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
I'll send it up the flag pole and see if they salute.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis