Sega Studios San Francisco Closing

Ares

Ares

Audioholic Samurai
Report: Sega Studios San Francisco Closing
By Mike Sharkey | Apr 2, 2010
Iron Man 2 still on track, but its developer could be shuttered as soon as today.

The only thing that will save Iron Man movie tie-in game developer Sega Studios San Francisco now is a real life Tony Stark. According to reports, the studio, founded in 1999 as Secret Level, will be shuttered, possibly by the end of the day.

The rumor originally appeared yesterday on the Sega Nerds blog, and has since been confirmed by 1Up.

Acquired by Sega in 2006, Secret Level quickly went from a small studio to having more than 100 employees. But the critical and commercial 2008 duds Golden Axe Beast Rider and a game based on the original Iron Man movie led to downsizing and reorganization.

The studio is still on track to release Iron Man 2 for the Xbox 360, PS3, and Wii on May 4.

Source: GameSpy

Serj22

Serj22

Full Audioholic
Videogames based on movies NEVER EVER are any fun, or play well. They just wind up adding gameplay to a movie character and then throwing out any significant development towards a decent game. It's been true since the Atari. Indiana Jones, The Game, was AWFUL! And every time they redid an Indiana Jones game, it was also awful.

Now using characters from a typical comic or something like that, that just so happened to be a movie, will work, like "Batman, Arkham Asylum", but if they were to make "The Dark Knight" a game, it would be bad. This particular team should have known better I think.

Ares

Ares

Audioholic Samurai
Hi Serj, I have to agree they should have made the Iron Man games based on the comics instead of the movies. Just because the movie does well doesn't mean the game will.

Serj22

Serj22

Full Audioholic
Hi Serj, I have to agree they should have made the Iron Man games based on the comics instead of the movies. Just because the movie does well doesn't mean the game will.
Exactly! If the game was a totally seprate story, and just based on the Iron Man from the comics, then it would probably be good.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis