Seeking advice on Yamaha HTR-5590/RX-V2200

G

<font color='#000000'>Hello all,
As a new member to the forum I'm hoping I can gather advice on a competent receiver to drive my new system.

My A/V system will be built from scratch for a new home. (50% music/50% HT)

Here's what I'm working with:
Room dimension 14'x13'  (open L/V to kitchen layout-- so it's truly 22'x13')
Mains-- Yamaha NS-A100XT towers (100 WRMS,6 Ohm, 89DB)
Center--Cerwin Vega E76C (125, 8 ohms, 92DB)
Rear Surrounds--Cerwin Vega E705 (75, 8 ohms, 89DB)
Powered Sub--Cerwin Vega LW-10 (100RMS amp, 8 ohms)
TV--(planning on purchasing 42&quot; Plasma, true HDTV)

I've always had an affinity to Yamaha for their quality, build and true sound.
What is everyone's thoughts on the HTR-5590/RX-V2200?
Will 30Mhz or 60Mhz component video signal be ok with HDTV?
Any other suggestions/advice with the system?

Thank you  
</font>

Last edited by a moderator:
G

<font color='#000000'>I too was hoping to get some feedback on the Yamaha, and how it fares against The Sony DB and ES line. I am outgrowing my Current Sony DB series and was going to buy a Sony ES reciever in the $1000 range.... but a friend is trying to sway me towards the Yamaha. Hmm.

Nick</font>

<font color='#000000'>I'm a Yamaha fan (over Sony), but its really because of the DSP... If you set up Yamaha's version of 7.1 or 8.1 you can really open up the sound stage and get a truly theatrical sound.

Sony can also give you that big sound, so that's not an exclusively Yamaha capability (of course). It all comes down to a preference, though, not a quality issue, as I know several others who would say they like Sony ES DSP better.

I think when you get a system to sound really good you tend to stick with it. I have gotten my RX-V3000 to sound really good and, not being necessarily a purist, I love the 70mm DSP.</font>

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis