**SEE VIDEO** Help Sony cdp-cx355 makes grinding noise when carousel spins

A

adam2514

Audiophyte
It does play cds, just makes noise when the carousel is moving. I changed the 2 belts but that did not help. It made the same noise before I changed the 2 belts. I did not change the door belt because the door is not making noise. Anyone know what the issue is? Thanks

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
It does play cds, just makes noise when the carousel is moving. I changed the 2 belts but that did not help. It made the same noise before I changed the 2 belts. I did not change the door belt because the door is not making noise. Anyone know what the issue is? Thanks
You won't find the problem by sitting and looking at it. The problem is obviously mechanical and likely due to wear in the drive mechanism. You won't find the cause without dismantling the unit to find and inspect the worn parts. I suspect this is an old machine, so parts availability will be an issue. So more likely than not, there is not going to be a solution.

Since the age of digital storage of ripped CDs demand for those type of devices has dried up. So my advice is to transition to digital storage using a solid state hard drive.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Yeah, I had two of those machines, my collection was so large. When they started acting up, I ripped all my CD's to FLAC, saved them on a NAS and went with SONOS for playback.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis