Search for the ultimate power conditioner.

P

panzeroceania

Junior Audioholic
I am looking for the ultimate power conditioner machine, I am new to this technology though and would like expert opinions. Thus far I have found 3 likely candidates, please comment on them and feel free to mention others. I would appreciate comments from people who actually own or have used said components but all comments are welcome.

first off we have the

APC Power S20 Conditioner

next we have

Monster Cable Signature Series™ Pro Power 7000 PowerSource™ UHC

finally we have

Panamax M7500-PRO

thoughts? comments?

EDIT:

I originally had hyperlinks but since I am a new member I can't post hyperlinks. As soon as I have 5 posts I'll put them up.

P

panzeroceania

Junior Audioholic
just out of curiosity what has caused you to not recommend Monster, I only ask because I'm new to it all. Are they not quality? Overpriced? or what.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
My perspective on Monster is a little more, ummm, reserved. :)

From the few products of theirs that I've used (all cables if I remember correctly), and from what I've read, their products are generally good quality - but you can get equivalent products for less money. Often, much less money.

If I may, I'll ask why you are in search of the ultimate power conditioner. Are you having issues with your power right now?

Midcow2

Midcow2

Banned
I am looking for the ultimate power conditioner machine, I am new to this technology though and would like expert opinions. Thus far I have found 3 likely candidates, please comment on them and feel free to mention others. I would appreciate comments from people who actually own or have used said components but all comments are welcome.

first off we have the

next we have

finally we have

Panamax M7500-PRO

thoughts? comments?

EDIT:

I originally had hyperlinks but since I am a new member I can't post hyperlinks. As soon as I have 5 posts I'll put them up.
APC has the HT15 on sale now for $149.99 . You can't beat it for quality and price. See this audioholics thread: http://forums.audioholics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51955

Monster is good quality but way, way overpriced!

Good Luck!

MidCow2

P

panzeroceania

Junior Audioholic
thanks guy's I'll prolly take that offer it seems hard to refuse!

To answer your question Adam, I was just curious, I usually try to find the finest in a field and what makes it that way and then trickle down to what I can afford, and what features I am losing for that etc.

it seems the item people suggested here though is completely adequate for my power needs. I still have a very humble set up, but it's becoming an interesting hobby for me, researching it all as much as enjoying it.

EDIT:

Since cable companies came up here, what would be a good alternative to monster for the best HDMI, Component, Fiber Optic audio, subwoofer, etc. cables?

particularly an HDMI cable that can compete with 14.9 Gbps I only really want to buy these cables once, or at least prolong the time between now and when I have to get new ones because I know the speed requirements on cables are going to continue to increase over time.

Last edited:
Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Since cable companies came up here, what would be a good alternative to monster for the best HDMI, Component, Fiber Optic audio, subwoofer, etc. cables?
Monoprice.com sells good quality, inexpensive cables and is popular around here.

Blue Jeans Cable is also popular around here.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
just out of curiosity what has caused you to not recommend Monster, I only ask because I'm new to it all. Are they not quality? Overpriced? or what.
The company is a bully, lives up to its name as a monster. They think they have a famous name in Monster and try to bully any company with it to license it and pay them annual fees. Of course, if you are a small company, you cave; over 400+ have.
Some have stood their ground, most cannot afford it.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
Go with APC

For Power Strips, UPS, and Conditioner needs I have found APC to be the best and most reliable. I would buy nothing else. Certainly not Monster = overpriced + bad lawyers. I don't blame Mr. Lee. I think he just let's his attorneys run wild because he doesn't understand Trademark and Patent laws.

Midcow2

Midcow2

Banned
Just orderd second APC AV H15 this week :)

For Power Strips, UPS, and Conditioner needs I have found APC to be the best and most reliable. I would buy nothing else. Certainly not Monster = overpriced + bad lawyers. I don't blame Mr. Lee. I think he just let's his attorneys run wild because he doesn't understand Trademark and Patent laws.
Just ordered my second APC AV H15 this week; this one directly from Audioholics. I now have an Audioholics account :cool: Now my Den and media systems will be fully protected ;)

Later,

MidCow2

P.S.- Ordered the Salamander Chameleon Hampton 339 Triple-Width A/V Cabinet (Distressed Black)"; now I have to get the PRO-151FD don't I ? :D

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
Just ordered my second APC AV H15 this week; this one directly from Audioholics. I now have an Audioholics account :cool: Now my Den and media systems will be fully protected ;)

Later,

MidCow2

P.S.- Ordered the Salamander Chameleon Hampton 339 Triple-Width A/V Cabinet (Distressed Black)"; now I have to get the PRO-151FD don't I ? :D
You can't beat the lightning insurance they give either. Just in case bad things happen hehe.

To the OP. You should also consider a UPS instead. Many APC UPS's can be had for a good price. I prefer a UPS because if the power goes out your not going to immediately cut off things.

W

wascallyrabbit

Audiophyte
i believe the ps audio power plant premier to be the ultimate power conditioner. however it is on the expensive side. they also have some power strips that are quite nice. have seen they're power strips on sale for something like 50% off.

Midcow2

Midcow2

Banned
You may have found the ultimate!

:D
i believe the ps audio power plant premier to be the ultimate power conditioner. however it is on the expensive side. they also have some power strips that are quite nice. have seen they're power strips on sale for something like 50% off.
Wascallyrabbit,

First welcome to Audioholics forums and nice screen name ( iimmediately pictured Elmer Fudd :D )

I tghink you found the ultimate for a price of $2195 wow.

PS Audio Power Plant Premier
http://www.psaudio.com/ps/products/detail/power-plant-premier?cat=power

Thanks for sharing !

MidCow2

Last edited by a moderator:
highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.

first off we have the

next we have

finally we have

Panamax M7500-PRO

thoughts? comments?

EDIT:

The best way to start with power issues is to address any that the house/building may have. Make sure every connection is good and tight, the system is on its own circuit, there are no grounding problems inside or with the service grounding, the wire is sized properly and measure the service voltage range. If it doesn't have a wide variation and you don't have spikes caused by motors or lighting, you may not need much more than good surge suppression. Many have some degree of filtering but knowing the condition and performance of your electrical service is needed in order to recommend anything.

Furman and PanaMax are part of the same company. TrippLite makes good products, too. I don't have actual experience with APC but some of my suppliers sell them. IMO, most Monster products are overpriced.

W

wascallyrabbit

Audiophyte
highfigh has some very good points about making sure you have good electrical continuity before filtering. my former house had all kinds of issues. first thing i did was to rewire the outlet so i had a dedicated entertainment outlet, second pipes (gas and water) and electrical box got another ground rod added (one at each end or the house). these two mods got rid of the ground loop problem the house had.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis