T

TinDog

Audiophyte
So I have 3 monitors that are connected by SDI cables, they meet at an SDI to HDMI converter, it had been plugged into my lap top that had an HDMI port.... Now Ihave a desk top with only USB ports... so could I go from the SDI to HDMI converter and from the HDMI, go into a USB converter? Do they even make those?! What would be a good work around. Thanks for any help on this!!

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
So I have 3 monitors that are connected by SDI cables, they meet at an SDI to HDMI converter, it had been plugged into my lap top that had an HDMI port.... Now Ihave a desk top with only USB ports... so could I go from the SDI to HDMI converter and from the HDMI, go into a USB converter? Do they even make those?! What would be a good work around. Thanks for any help on this!!
You can't do that because of DRM restrictions.

You will have to add a video card with HDMI out to your computer.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
How is it possible that you have a desktop that doesn't have a video output on it at all? Obviously, your computer must have some sort of video output, and if it is modern, it will have a HDMI, DisplayPort, or USB-Type-C video connection. The last two have basic converter cables you can buy online. USB-C to HDMI or DP to HDMI cables are readily available.

DRM should not be an issue with MOST computer content as long as the content itself isn't DRM protected.

It would be helpful if you put up an image of the back of your PC.

T

TinDog

Audiophyte
How is it possible that you have a desktop that doesn't have a video output on it at all? Obviously, your computer must have some sort of video output, and if it is modern, it will have a HDMI, DisplayPort, or USB-Type-C video connection. The last two have basic converter cables you can buy online. USB-C to HDMI or DP to HDMI cables are readily available.

DRM should not be an issue with MOST computer content as long as the content itself isn't DRM protected.

It would be helpful if you put up an image of the back of your PC.
Will do, it is in another town at the moment.... will try to get a picture in the next couple of days. It is at our place of worship... since this COVID-19 started we have not been there.... wanted to get this all figuered out before we go back :)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis