SCEA Boss Promises Killzone 3

Ares

Ares

Audioholic Samurai
SCEA Boss Promises Killzone 3
By Mike Sharkey | Mar 22, 2010
Official announcement expected at E3.

Rumors of a third installment in the Killzone franchise began to surface shortly after the second game was published early last year. Now, from the mouth of the Sony Computer Entertainment America president himself, we have confirmation: Killzone 3 is coming.

SCEA boss Jack Tretton, speaking with Game Trailers at the Game Developers Conference, didn't leave any room for debate: "I don't know if you'll see announcements about it, but I can promise you a Killzone 3."

Regarding the "announcements," Tretton was speaking in context of E3 this June. Thanks to the unveiling of PlayStation Move, GDC turned out to be a big event for Sony. But Tretton promises E3 will be even bigger, whether Killzone 3 is officially announced or not. "This is just the frosting on the cake," he said, describing GDC. "I'm saving the batter for E3. We will absolutely bring the heat."

The original Killzone launched for the PS2 in late 2004. Developer Guerrilla Games followed it up with PSP title Killzone: Liberation in late 2006, and Killzone 2 for the PS3 in early 2009. Based on this established roughly two-year cycle, we should be seeing the next game sometime in 2011. That would make this year's E3, which kicks off on June 15, the perfect time to make an official announcement.

As reported by GameSpy.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
With the ending of the last one, a third installment was pretty much a given. Pretty good game.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis