Satellite speakers options (other than bose system)

R

rickydrummer

Audiophyte
Dear folks,

Thinking of buying a Bose AM10. I especially like the tiny size of bose system which is a perfect fit for my tiny living room (8ft x 10 ft). However, it seems that there are many negative comments on Bose at this forum. Any other recommendations on satellite speakers system within US$1,000??

Regarding amp, thinking of buying denon 2805 or yamaha 2400. Any recommendations to me as well?

Many thks!

Ricky

Karp

Karp

Audioholic
rickydrummer said:
Dear folks,

Thinking of buying a Bose AM10. I especially like the tiny size of bose system which is a perfect fit for my tiny living room (8ft x 10 ft). However, it seems that there are many negative comments on Bose at this forum. Any other recommendations on satellite speakers system within US$1,000??

Regarding amp, thinking of buying denon 2805 or yamaha 2400. Any recommendations to me as well?

Many thks!

Ricky
Bose sells Walmart quality at high-end prices, and then spends millions on advertising.

For that size room, you may want to look at one of the systems that Audioholics reviewed
HERE

I have also seen very good reviews on Axiom's midi system HERE

If you are looking for something you can find at your local Best Buy, you could check out the Klipch or Athena bookshelves. Just about anything you can find will sound better than Bose.

S

sheep

energy

any of the energy system whether is the take 5, take 5.2, or encore, will suite you well, i have a 9 by 11 room with the subwoofer (ex:L-s8) from the take 5 set up, and it fills the room twice over with powerful clean bass. and the sats are good enough for what they do and hte take 5.2 and encore are way better.

that is what i think you should do
sheep.

C

cornelius

Full Audioholic
That is a great Bose description.

Another option is Anthony Gallo Acoustics: roundsound.com

nova

nova

Full Audioholic
I'd suggest the Denon 2805 and a set of RBH CT-5.1 I think that would be an excellent set-up for your room size.

Karp

Karp

Audioholic
I have the Dennon 2805 and am very happy with it. The Yamaha is also a very good receiver. I think the Dennon has a more robust amplifier section, but the Yamaha has the best DSP's in the business.

R

rickydrummer

Audiophyte
Denon 2805 & Klipsch cinema 8

Dear folks, thanks for all the valuable advice and I'll definitely drop Bose out of my list! Currently thinking of Denon 2805 & Klipsch cinema 8. Any comment on this combination?

I'm currently living in Hong Kong and somehow difficult to look for some niche US brands as some of you mentioned locally. For Klipsch, at least I can try it at a local showroom but the sound is not as good as I expect and they connect it with a Onkyo Amp.

Cheers!

Karp

Karp

Audioholic
rickydrummer said:
Dear folks, thanks for all the valuable advice and I'll definitely drop Bose out of my list! Currently thinking of Denon 2805 & Klipsch cinema 8. Any comment on this combination?

I'm currently living in Hong Kong and somehow difficult to look for some niche US brands as some of you mentioned locally. For Klipsch, at least I can try it at a local showroom but the sound is not as good as I expect and they connect it with a Onkyo Amp.

Cheers!
Klipch are excellent speakers for home theater. I have an older (much larger) pair of Klipch KG-4's, and I love them for two-channel audio.
The newer klipch tend to be a little forward and bright, but very clear sounding. I think that is a good thing for home theater. There are better speakers for listening to music though.

F

Falp

Audioholic Intern
KEF 2005.2 "eggs" package!

You can also look at Canton CD systems, and B&W (VM1 I think)

But I would go to the Kef eggs if I ever would buy a satellite speaker package.

See also teh Marantz sr7400 or the new 7500, If you want also a musical performer it will beat the 2805.

C

Ciberdog0

Audiophyte
A friend is offering me a Bose lifestyle 12 series II system and I want your opinion about this:
I have the following equipment:
My computer who will be the music source
The Bose system
A DVD player withg coaxial digital output
an Acoustimass stereo system for the living room

I want to know if I connect all this stuffs if the Bose system will receive the information from the DVD and decode the 5.1 surround sound correctly so it was similar to have a DVD with Hometheater system included.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis