Satellite/rear speakers

M

mbl11428

Audioholic Intern
I need a pair of rear surround speakers to finish off a 5.1 system. I have 20 year old Legacy Audio Classic towers and a Legacy Audio Silverscreen 2 center. I wanted to use my Legacy Studio bookshelf speakers as the rears but space and aesthetics won't allow it. I realize I'm sacrificing some quality here, but I need it to fit the room. Any recommendations on rear speakers that can be wall mounted and will sound good with this setup?

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
NHT Superzeros work great as surrounds for me. I've got them hanging from the ceiling, but could be just as easily wall mounted.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Surrounds aren't really rears, they're more sides. You get rear surrounds with 7.1, tho. This for movies and music? For movies I wouldn't worry about the surrounds so much, altho for multich music having the same speaker all around can be nice. What sort of size limit? Budget? NHTs could be one way to go, but there are many ways you can go for a wall-mounted speaker....a sealed speaker or front ported might be best for a wall mount, tho.

M

mbl11428

Audioholic Intern
Surrounds aren't really rears, they're more sides. You get rear surrounds with 7.1, tho. This for movies and music? For movies I wouldn't worry about the surrounds so much, altho for multich music having the same speaker all around can be nice. What sort of size limit? Budget? NHTs could be one way to go, but there are many ways you can go for a wall-mounted speaker....a sealed speaker or front ported might be best for a wall mount, tho.
I was incorrectly using rear and surround interchangeably. To clarify I'm looking for wall mountable rear speakers. If they're able to be mounted, size shouldn't be an issue for me. I'm looking to stay around $500.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis