M

moreira85

Audioholic Chief
i am looking on making the move on the 67A750 model but have noticed that many many of my circuit cities and best buy's in the area have them unavailable on the websites. blue river doesnt have the 67inch anymore although they have a deal on the 61 for $1390. anybody know what is going on and if they are stopping the manufacturing of these?

bandphan

bandphan

Banned
the wd65833(diamond) from mitsu is on clearance and can be had for about 1599, and thats alot of good pq for the size and price.

Votrax

Votrax

Audioholic
The benefit of the Samsung DLP 750 series is you never need to replace the lamp as they have LED backlights.

M

mudrummer99

Senior Audioholic
The benefit of the Samsung DLP 750 series is you never need to replace the lamp as they have LED backlights.
It is not never, unless you are like the average American and replace your tv every 8 years, but there are those out there who keep their sets for 10-15 years, in which case you will probably need to replace the light unit at least once.

Mike

PS. yes, I like run on sentences.

Votrax

Votrax

Audioholic
It is not never, unless you are like the average American and replace your tv every 8 years, but there are those out there who keep their sets for 10-15 years, in which case you will probably need to replace the light unit at least once.

Mike

PS. yes, I like run on sentences.
The LED is rated to last 60,000 hours. That would be 20 years at 8 hours of use a day. I'm sure the LED light would out live the TV the majority of the time. You would change well over 10 mercury lamps in that amount of time.

M

moreira85

Audioholic Chief
sammy dlp no more circuit city or best buy

i went into circuit city and the guy told me they were no longer going to carry the dlp samsung or any dlps. he said that the other circuit city 12 miles away has 1 67inch 7series sammy and said i could pay for it there and pick it up at the other location. i asked how much and he said 2499$ i said are you crazy your website has it for $2250 at which he said okay ill give it to you for that price.
i told him thanks but ill go the other store and pay them in person.
I am going to go there this weekend and since they are trying to get rid of them see if they will match amazons $1999 free shipping offer.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I am going to go there this weekend and since they are trying to get rid of them see if they will match amazons $1999 free shipping offer.
I recommend calling them first to see if they will match it. There's some evidence that stores are more willing to price match over the phone (when you can just hang up) than in person (when you're already in the store and more likely just to buy it anyway). Besides, if they turn you down on the phone...you can always ask them again in person. :)

Also, Amazon currently has four of those in stock. Just a heads up, because CC probably won't price match if Amazon doesn't have them in stock.

M

moreira85

Audioholic Chief
coupon

I recommend calling them first to see if they will match it. There's some evidence that stores are more willing to price match over the phone (when you can just hang up) than in person (when you're already in the store and more likely just to buy it anyway). Besides, if they turn you down on the phone...you can always ask them again in person. :)

Also, Amazon currently has four of those in stock. Just a heads up, because CC probably won't price match if Amazon doesn't have them in stock.
i think i will just order it online from circuit city because its $2250 and the 10% off coupon that was given to me by the other user will take off another $225 so that is $2025 which is only 25$ more than amazon.
will that 10% off code really work?
i am guessing that if i use the 10% off coupon then i cant use my 8% AAA coupon as well. Circuit city doesnt give a discount for opening an account right?

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
i think i will just order it online from circuit city because its $2250 and the 10% off coupon that was given to me by the other user will take off another $225 so that is $2025 which is only 25$ more than amazon.
Do you have to pay sales tax where you live? If so, then it's not as close. Where I live, sales tax is 8%, so tax would be over $160 on the sale price. Just a thought. I got Best Buy to match the total price for my last receiver.

A

armaraas

Full Audioholic
thanks, amazon has it much cheaper, $1390 i think.

i would rather go pick it up just incase there are geometry issues i can bring it back that day.
That amazon price is actually the same seller, they're the only ones under $1600, but I do see they charge well over $200 for shipping. And their prices seem to fluctuate every couple of hours, weird (it was $1377 when I posted it, now it's like $1430)...

Anyway, I had tested the Circuit City 10% off coupon yesterday for the 61" and I had it in the cart for $1574 before taxes, so it should work fine.
I don't believe you get anything off for opening an account, just 18 months financing. And I am not sure if CC allows coupon stacking.

M

moreira85

Audioholic Chief
Do you have to pay sales tax where you live? If so, then it's not as close. Where I live, sales tax is 8%, so tax would be over $160 on the sale price. Just a thought. I got Best Buy to match the total price for my last receiver.
5% sales tax. oh well.

M

moreira85

Audioholic Chief
second thought

on second thought i will wait till sunday to buy it to see if it goes on sale. i have seen them drop it down to $2000 before. i would wait for a columbus day sale which is next weekend but may risk them being all gone.

M

moreira85

Audioholic Chief
especially in a brand new house with a brand new Plateau TV stand from rackandstands.com that will be here tomorrow.

J

jostenmeat

Audioholic Spartan
moreira85,

When I checked out the LED versions in person (helping my brother shop around last year), they run pretty hot at the vents. Can't quite recall, but the fans might've been louder too. Perhaps a non-issue, but depending on the room acoustics and how close you sit, the noise floor might be raised a little.

Also, one peeve of mine with Sammy RPs is that they have the IR sensor smack dab in the middle. So if you actually place your center speaker on top of the Plateau stand (which is better than shoved on the shelf below), you won't get to control your TV with the remote.

My brother's center speaker is off set to the right! There was a pic in the members gallery here that had a similiar setup before an upgrade.

You CAN get around this, by getting a $75 URC rf-20 remote. Run a stick on emitter to the IR, then cover all that with the center speaker. Such a remote is high on the list for gift ideas to my brother. His bday is this month . . .

FYI.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis