Samsung TV Remote Question

Audioholic
With the help of several forum members, I connected a Bud's Samsung Smart TV, model UN75F6300AF through his older, non HDMI Yamaha receiver stereo system so that he could stream movies (Netflix & Amazon) and XM from his Smart TV through his stereo system. All was working well. This AM he could no longer access the "APP screen" by pressing the multi-colored trapezoid button on his Samsung remote control, which I believe is referred to as the "Smart Hub," which essentially is a shortcut to the screen that shows all his APPs. Other buttons on the remote seem to work ok. The batteries in the remote are new and he has rebooted the TV several times to no avail. He is able to watch Netflix. Does anyone have any recommendations on how we can get this infernal contraption working again so he can access his APPs and listen to XM? I am currently in a different city than my Bud - for the next week or 2. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
If the HOME(multi colored cube) button is not working, pressing the SOURCE button should bring up the Smart Hub. Then, use arrows to navigate Smart Hub. DO NOT press the SOURCE button more than once or it will switch TV inputs and screw things up. Once Smart Hub is up, use down arrow once and then right arrow a couple of times to get to apps.

Audioholic
He said that when he presses the source button, it brings up 5 HDMI options and 1 TV option. I know he's been screwing with it all day and pressed the Source/Home/Smart Hub button several times.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
It doesn’t help that Samsung has different remote controls and commands for different tier TVs. If the TV is network connected, he can download a control app on a Smart device to control it.

Audioholic
Thanks. I told him to call Samsung technical support, hopefully they can advise him on how to operate the remote.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
It occurred to me that the TV is already network connected as he was already using apps. A remote app on a Smart device on the same network will work. There are several remote apps for Samsung TVs out there to use in the interim. I’ve used a few of them.
IMG_4038.jpeg

J

jackwills412

Audiophyte
With the help of several forum members, I connected a Bud's Samsung Smart TV, model UN75F6300AF through his older, non HDMI Yamaha receiver stereo system so that he could stream movies (Netflix & Amazon) and XM from his Smart TV through his stereo system. All was working well. This AM he could no longer access the "APP screen" by pressing the multi-colored trapezoid button on his Samsung remote control, which I believe is referred to as the "Smart Hub," which essentially is a shortcut to the screen that shows all his APPs. Other buttons on the remote seem to work ok. The batteries in the remote are new and he has rebooted the TV several times to no avail. He is able to watch Netflix. Does anyone have any recommendations on how we can get this infernal contraption working again so he can access his APPs and listen to XM? I am currently in a different city than my Bud - for the next week or 2. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
It seems like there might be an issue with the "Smart Hub" button on the Samsung remote technical control. Even with new batteries and multiple reboots, the button no longer allows access to the APP screen. However, other buttons on the remote are functioning fine and Netflix can still be watched. If anyone has any suggestions on how to fix this problem and restore access to the APPs and XM, it would be greatly appreciated. I'm currently away from my friend for the next week or two. Thanks in advance for any help!

Audioholic
Get a new remote, which is what my Bud did and that fixed his problem. New remotes are plentiful on fleabay.

A

ab17182

Audiophyte
I had a similar problem. Most TV remotes have pre-seted controls, and you cannot change them as you like. However, remote control apps might come in handy here. I wanted to use my remote for my TV and music station, but I couldn't do that with the remote that I had. After some attempts, I found the solution in a TV control remote app. Using this, I was able to set my controls as I liked. I recommend you also try a universal TV remote app. Here is the link to the app I use: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/universal-remote-tv-control/id6467252904.

Last edited:
j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Most Samsung remote's core functions will work with pretty much any Samsung TV, however there are likely specific features on a remote that is not of the same year/family of TV that likely simply won't do anything. The core functions of power, menus, volume and browsing buttons, which are what most people are after, should all be consistent.

Someone lost a remote for one of the giant TVs in a conference room at work. I went to another room (different TV) and grabbed one from there and everything worked fine.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis