Samsung blu-ray 7.1 problem

J

Jayme

Audiophyte
Hello, we bought a samsung 7.1 blu-ray home theater in a box, and the top front drivers (that swindle up & down) don't seem to get any audio during 7.1 playback -- only during test tones.

This one here:

HT-E6730W - OVERVIEW | SAMSUNG

It's been like this since we got it around 2 and a half months ago.

I was already disappointed when I found out that the 7.1 system that my mom picked up wasn't even actually 7.1, nvm them not even working to bounce the audio off the ceiling anyways.

Last edited:
T

twoeyedbob

Audioholic
Easy ..i know exactly what's wrong.......

You bought a samsung home theatre in a box

The clue's in the title

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk 2

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Welcome to the forum, Jayme!

Okay, granted, there aren't seven full speakers - but it's kind of cool, IMO, and other companies also use the reflected technique to simulate added speakers. Plus, I love the tube amp. :) How does that look when it's on?

As for the front top speakers not having sound on them, there are a lot more programs that don't have 7.1 than ones that do. There also might be an audio setting (I've only skimmed the owners manual so far), but let me ask this: do you know for sure that you've watched a show with 7.1 audio, and that you've selected the 7.1 audio track?

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I just read a review on Amazon.com for this unit, and one person mentioned that you won't get 7.1 sound (even from a 7.1 disc) unless you enable the 3D Sound mode. There is a button on the bottom right portion of the remote control labeled "3D SOUND" - try pressing that and see if sound comes out of the top drivers.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis