Samsung BD1600 Issue

D

DawgByte

Audiophyte
I currently have a Samsung 1600 Blu-Ray player and I'm thinking of returning it for the 3600 model, however after doing some research on the Net I've found that some 3600 users are having the same problem as the 1600 models. Here's the deal... if the DVD or Blu-Ray isn't absolutely prestine it will pause during a movie, make a grinding noise and then pick-up where it left off. A few times it has grinded to a halt and not picked up where it left off, forcing me to eject the disc and relselect the scene.

Is anyone having any unusual pausing or hesitation problems with their 3600 models? I love the streaming Pandora and Netflix and do not want to go to another manufacturer. Are you guys happy with the 3600?

davidtwotrees

davidtwotrees

Audioholic General
I have the previous generation 2550 model and have never had any issues whatsoever. I was leary to buy this as their first blu ray model was notoriously riddled with problems. I hope you get it figured out.........that sound like a hardware problem and not something a firmware update will fix. Have you installed the latest firmware? Is Samsung saying anything about the issue.......have you talked to them? Have you checked the AVF forums that get a LOT of traffic?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis