Samsung Arc Bug/New Smart 4k Tv

S

Sam Neall

Audioholic Intern
Ok so I got the tv back and it has scratches on it from the repair facility. The problem will most likely come back like it did in the first place so I was looking at a different tv if that happens. I was wondering if the user interface with webos and the picture quality on lg TVs are as good as Samsung’s. I might go with a 50” tv for a plan b because it works with my budget and fits in my room. The tv I was looking at was a lg 50UK6500AUA.

Montucky

Montucky

Full Audioholic
I was wondering if the user interface with webos and the picture quality on lg TVs are as good as Samsung’s.
While I don't know about PQ in regard to the two particular models you're comparing, I will say that I vastly prefer LG's OS over Samsung's Tizen. When it comes to smart TVs, the following is my own personal hierarchy:
Sony (Android) > TCL (Roku) > LG (WebOS) > Vizio (SmartCast) > Samsung (Tizen),
although Sony and TCL are darn near a tossup for me depending on the usage. For a guest room? I'd go Roku every time (thus TCL). For my main TV, I really enjoy Android. Samsung consistently rings dead last for me and I have worked with hundreds of them as an A/V tech. Everybody has different preferences though, so don't take my word as gospel. You might like any of those more than another. It's just my personal take on them.

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
I'd buy a media server to handle all streaming apps. ARC isn't optimal, and most displays will not output full Dolby digital, Dow mixed. There are no true smart TVs.

S

Sam Neall

Audioholic Intern
Ok and any idea about picture quality? I’m assuming lg would have better picture quality in that model for it is a bigger tv.

R

rbdan

Audioholic Intern
I really hope a lot of these issues go away with eARC.

Dan

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis