Salk HT2-TL speakers, RAAL tweeteers, bamboo cabinets

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Salk HT2-TL Speakers with RAAL tweeteers, bamboo cabinets, and Cardas binding posts are for sale on another forum. These are not my speakers – I saw the ad and thought I'd post it here. See photos and details at this link.

The owner, located in zip code 95066, near Santa Cruz, CA, is asking $3495.

If you're interested in one of the best tower speakers available, and if you like the look of 'solid' bamboo cabinets, these would be a good buy.
1548172796913.png

F

FIqbal

Audioholic Intern
Good luck with your sale. The speakers look fantastic and sure sound as well. Wish I was in market for speakers.

CB22

CB22

Senior Audioholic
Hey @Swerd , I see you own a pair of Salk Veracity ST's. Some questions for you if you'll indulge me. I'd be interested to get your thoughts.

What are you thoughts on the mid-range of the Veracity ST's?
Without subs, do the mid range and the bass get too "mixed in" together?
Have you heard the BMRs? If so how would you compare the BMR to the ST's?
Have you heard the Song 3-A's? if so how would you compare the mid range the the ST's to the 3-As?
Lastly, do you have any dislikes with the Veracity ST's?

I watched a review of the speakers on YouTube not long ago and the reviewer had many positives. I'd love to go the audio show that Jim will be at in Chicago and have a listen but money is tight right now. One day. Just fyi looks like your hyper-link died for the SongTower Listening Impressions

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
What are you thoughts on the mid-range of the Veracity ST's?
The mid-range is the best part of those speakers. Clear and detailed. The hand-off to the tweeter is seamless.
Without subs, do the mid range and the bass get too "mixed in" together?
No they do not get mixed in. In fact I'd say the opposite, they are clearly separated. The mass loaded transmission line cabinet and the low Q tuning make the bass sound "unmuddy". Deeper male voices don't get hidden by bass guitar or percussion. Their bass, in my family room, is deep enough (~34 Hz) so that a sub is not required for music.
Have you heard the BMRs? If so how would you compare the BMR to the ST's?
Yes, I've heard them in my house and compared them to the VSTs. See BMR Road Trip Kickoff. I like them both, but the VST excels in bass compared to the BMR. Both the VST and the BMR create some amazingly clear and focused mid range audio images – I think the BMR is among the best I've heard in this particular aspect.
Have you heard the Song 3-A's? if so how would you compare the mid range the the ST's to the 3-As?
No. I've heard the Song3 and the Song3 BeAT, but not the 3-A. I've heard that 4" ceramic mid range in the Salk SS8, and I can guess the Song 3-A has more mid range detail than the Song3. The woofer & tweeter in the 3 and 3A are identical.
Lastly, do you have any dislikes with the Veracity ST's?
None whatsoever :). I don't plan on buying any other speakers.
I watched a review of the speakers on YouTube not long ago and the reviewer had many positives. I'd love to go the audio show that Jim will be at in Chicago and have a listen but money is tight right now.
Was that the YouTube review that Salk has linked on the VST page? I've seen that too. Not bad for a video review. I agree with his conclusions.
Just fyi looks like your hyper-link died for the SongTower Listening Impressions
It's now fixed.

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis