Salk HT2-TL old version

T

TankTop5

Audioholic Field Marshall
Anyone have any experience with the speakers with the older tweeters?

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
There were at least 2 different versions of the Salk HT2-TL speakers, maybe 3. All of them used the same mid-woofers and cabinet design. The only difference was in the ribbon tweeters. The oldest had the rectangular looking Aurum Cantus tweeter, but I'm not sure if that was in the version with a TL cabinet. There was an older HT2 speaker in a non-TL cabinet. The bass in the HT2-TL cabinet sounds better. If you're looking at a used HT2 (not a HT2-TL), I'd pass on it, unless the price is really good.

Next came the circular LCY tweeter. It was very good, but, if I remember correctly, there were factory quality control problems. Salk couldn't get a regular supply of them. If you're looking at a used HT2-TL with an circular LCY tweeter, it's probably good. I can't remember if Salk used the LCY-110 or the LCY-130, but here's what they look like.
1632258120079.png

And finally came the present version with a RAAL tweeter.

T

TankTop5

Audioholic Field Marshall
Thanks, looks like these are the LCY-110’s. It’s the pair on usaudiomart. He’s very close to me and proposed a trade for my S40’s. I bought a pair of RBH 61’s and didn’t think that ribbon compared well enough to the Esotar so I bought a pair of Contour 20’s. That said I’d happily put the Dyn’s in my bedroom for the right pair of Salks in the living room.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Have you heard them yet?

And, have you seen them yet? What veneer are they?

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
I found the ad – Pao Ferro Rosewood, really nice. And they look like they've been well cared for.

They're big, 18" deep × 9" wide × 49" tall, and 80 lbs. each. Got the space for them? You'll need a van to carry them, and some extra muscle too.

I think the price is good. If you can swap for them, or pay, I'd go for it. But first, listen to them.
1632278065869.png

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis