Salk custom Exotica 3 way

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
For a music only system, no subs, it's one I'd love to hear them. I've always liked AE drivers, just well built and purpose built.

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic Field Marshall
Those have been up for sale for a while (believe me, I've wished and wished...). They are technically new since the buyer never opened them. It's surprising that they haven't sold yet.

B

baronvonellis

Audioholic
I'm not sure what the advantage of these are. They are bookshelves sitting on top of passive subs. I think it would be better and cheaper to get bookshelves speakers and put them on top of some active SVS subs for example. They only go down to 42hz that's not very deep for a decent sub. The tweeter looks like it would be below ear level which isn't ideal either.
Or get the Song 3 towers that are at the right height and go 10 hz deeper for $2000 less.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
I'm not sure what the advantage of these are. They are bookshelves sitting on top of passive subs. I think it would be better and cheaper to get bookshelves speakers and put them on top of some active SVS subs for example. They only go down to 42hz that's not very deep for a decent sub. The tweeter looks like it would be below ear level which isn't ideal either.
Or get the Song 3 towers that are at the right height and go 10 hz deeper for $2000 less.
He also does custom finishes of Rythmik subs if you want something like that.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
*These are not brand new*
This looks like a killer setup with the AE 12" woofer. Gotta imagine that the dynamics are sick with extremely low distortion and flat responce. For just over 5k.
https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=163933.0
View attachment 31978
What’s the cost of these new , and used gent look incredible. Base unit looks like a sub woofer.
Wow the woofers have a bullet tweeter looking thing on them ? Aren’t those used for horns ??

Ultimate bass lover !! si ht15 dvc.
Free the reptile aliens

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
That's not a sub.
Agreed!
Several designs Jim and Dennis have done include separate Bass cabinets. Jim even chimes in there at the AudioCircle thread to confirm F3 is ~42Hz. You would still likely want a sub.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Agreed!
Several designs Jim and Dennis have done include separate Bass cabinets. Jim even chimes in there at the AudioCircle thread to confirm F3 is ~42Hz. You would still likely want a sub.
These are really made for music. The vast majority of music doesn't dig below 40 Hz, although there are some exceptions. If your tastes lean toward acoustic recordings, these speakers will be just fine without a sub. Also, it looks like a sealed design, and that can get a nice amount of boundary gain without inflating the bass if care is taken in placement, so if the anechoic f3 is 43 Hz, the in room response is likely to be deeper.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Agreed!
Of coarse it’s not a subwoofer but it has clean bass response under the same design being seperate from the highs and mids . It’s more Of a super wooofer , does not go under 40hz? My klipsch icon towers go lower 35-33 hz
While thEse do not go as low they are. Far far superior speaker top of the line right ??

Free the reptile aliens

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
Of coarse it’s not a subwoofer but it has clean bass response under the same design being seperate from the highs and mids . It’s more Of a super wooofer , does not go under 40hz? My klipsch icon towers go lower 35-33 hz
While thEse do not go as low they are. Far far superior speaker top of the line right ??

Free the reptile aliens
The seperate woofer is extremely well designed. When you drop $600 for any woofer there is a good reason

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis