SACD approval for Denon Link 3rd Edition

U

Unregistered

I am considering buying a Denon AVR-3805 and DVD-3910. But, I do not know if Denon received approval for transmitting SACD on Denon Link 3rd Edition. If not, will I have to upgrade the 3910 when it is approved? Also, does the link provide a noticeable improvement in audio performance over analog connections? Thanks.

M

mitch57

Audioholic
Funny you should ask. I have the Denon 3805 and am considering the Denon DVD-3910 as well. Can't seem to get any answer from Denon, or anyone else for that matter, concerning the SACD issue with the Denon Link 3rd Edition. I'm not spending the money until I get an answer on this "Hot Topic".

Good Luck getting an answer. If you do get an answer would you mind letting us all know about it?

Thanks!

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
You will have your answer when we meet with Denon at Cedia in less than two weeks.

BTW, SACD/DVD-A via a digital connection with proper time alignment and bass management is not a essential part of my breakfast :) Once you have it, you can't go back.

J

jsl262

Audiophyte
any ideas denon 3802 switches off

my 3802 shuts off when sound increases dts on dvd's etc any ideas welcomed

U

Unregistered

I borrowed an 1804 while my 5803 was away for the recent upgrade. The 1804 had the cutoff problem you describe. It turned out that the speaker connections on the 1804 where much closer and more difficult to use. My careless cabling left some wires free enough to cause a short. Thus the 1804 would click off at moderate (-27dB) volume.

At what volume does your 3803 click off?

M

mitch57

Audioholic
Gene,

So what is the answer on the denon link 3rd edition?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis