Rythmik Audio Servo Kit

Hi Ho

Hi Ho

Audioholic Samurai
I came across the Rythmik Audio DS1500 Direct Drive Servo subwoofer kit and it has peaked my interest in building a new sub. My current DIY 12" sub with an Ascendant Audio Atlas 12" has served me well but I'm ready to move up. Would the Rythmik sub be a good choice? It looks very promising with good output to 14hz in a sealed enclosure!

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Someone has already built one of these kits.

A Search would have found you his thread.

SheepStar

annunaki

annunaki

What is wrong with your Ascendant subwoofer? That thing is a brute and plays plenty deep.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Darien built the 12" version, not sure about the 15". The 12" is quite impressive though. It is very clean sounding yet still manages to have some down low output. I use their A350 amp (same one as their kits) with my 15" tempest and it does extremely well.

Hi Ho

Hi Ho

Audioholic Samurai
What is wrong with your Ascendant subwoofer? That thing is a brute and plays plenty deep.
I want deeper and louder. :D My room is quite large and the 12" has trouble filling it with very low bass. I'm actually planning on keeping the 12" and adding the new one for a dual sub setup... assuming I can find the space for both.

I was all ready to order last night but noticed that I need a "Verified" PayPal account. Now I"ll have to wait until their little deposits show up so I can verify my account (3-5 days). :(

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
what's the tuning of your ascendant?

nice looking driver btw

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
I'll buy your Ascendant subwoofer off of you to help with this one.

Seriously. PM me.

SheepStar

annunaki

annunaki

If you are going to add another sub, do it right and get the exact same woofer. Multiple sub systems are intended to use identical drivers and enclosures. What is the tuning on your current sub?

What I would suggest is potentially re-tuning the current enclosure and/or building two new ones tuned lower, adding a second sub and amplifier. You could just add a Behringer EP2500 and run one on each channel as well.

How deep of response are you after??

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I'd agree with that. Go with another of the same flavor for the best results.

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
Darien built the 12" version, not sure about the 15". The 12" is quite impressive though. It is very clean sounding yet still manages to have some down low output. I use their A350 amp (same one as their kits) with my 15" tempest and it does extremely well.
Yep, I've got the 12 and I love it. Brian at Rythmik told me the 15 has almost exactly the same frequency response; just 3db more output.

Hi Ho

Hi Ho

Audioholic Samurai
I just ordered the Rythmik DS1500 kit after discovering that I can use a debit card and not have to wait for the PayPal thing. I know that I should have identical subs in a multi-sub system and if I really lik the Rythmik sub I'll build another one. :)

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
I just ordered the Rythmik DS1500 kit after discovering that I can use a debit card and not have to wait for the PayPal thing. I know that I should have identical subs in a multi-sub system and if I really lik the Rythmik sub I'll build another one. :)
Answer my PM. I can help you buy that second kit.

SheepStar

Guiria

Guiria

Senior Audioholic
Hi Ho

Keep us informed on how you like the rythmik kit. I plan on buying this kit or something similar down the road, I'm very interested in your experience with it.

Hi Ho

Hi Ho

Audioholic Samurai
I emailed Brian Ding of Rythmik Audio and I'm glad I did because appearently the plans on the website have not been updated for the new driver. I was considering building the box while waiting for the driver. Not anymore. :)

He said the driver and amp should ship in about a week because he's still waiting for them to come in.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I'm interested in your impressions too. Since hearing Darien's I've been thinking about possibly adding one of those to my setup as well. I previously a had passive radiator 12" (Franken-SVS Plus) sub in addition to my Tempest and I liked the way it sounded, so I thought adding either the 12 or 15 from them might be fun.

Guiria

Guiria

Senior Audioholic
Hi Ho

Do you have the kit yet? Any news? Impressions? Anything?

Hi Ho

Hi Ho

Audioholic Samurai
I did receive the kit. I actually had it functional on new years eve but I've been busy all week. I haven't done the veneer yet.

HERE is a gallery of the build process.

First impressions are... AWESOME! This is definetely an upgrade. This sub goes low, loud, and clean. It is very musical but still extends low enought to really shake the house more than my other sub could ever dream of. So far I am extremely impressed. I'll be working on the veneer whenever I can pry it away from my system long enough to do so. :D

Guiria

Guiria

Senior Audioholic
Thanks for the link to the pics...I'm glad to hear you like it so far, makes it even a more sure purchase for me when the $$ is right.

100r1

Junior Audioholic
Hi Ho;

NICE WORK !

Just a few Q's

1) Looks like you built the Box from the plans downloaded from Rythmik website
What are the changes Brian made for the Driver ?

2) Did you use 3/4" MDF ?

3) Did the original plans call for Double thickness where the Driver mounts
or did you add that for a recessed driver install.

4) any changes you made that you feel are of benifit to the original
plans ?

I'm thinking about building one of Brians KIts but due to confines of placement may have to go with the 12" and a extra small enclosure.

I heard that Brian will start offering pre-made boxes for his drivers, Any word if they are available ? Last I checked the webiste there was no mention yet of the offer.

Please post finished pictures so we can lust a little better.

2 things the internet needs, Smell-A-Vision and Hear-A-Vision.

Hi Ho

Hi Ho

Audioholic Samurai
1. I had emailed Brian about that and he said the only difference was the size of teh driver cutout.

2. Yes

3. The original plans had the double baffle.

4. I didn't make any changes to the box. I figured Brian designed it properly. :) I have seen some wild looking subs based on Rythmik drivers. I just wanted a sub. nothing fancy.

I would email Brian about the availability of the prebuilt boxes. He is very helpful.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis