Rythmik 2 L22's vs 1 F18

C

Curley

Audiophyte
After analyzing/over analyzing all of the options for replacing my 15 year old Klipsch sub I keep coming back to Rythmik. After an email chat with Enrico his recommendation was 2 L22's. Not sure that I can make 2 fit my room(unless there is an option to connect 1 wireless). For a single sub he recommends an F18. I would appreciate any opinions to help me decide! Thanks

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
After analyzing/over analyzing all of the options for replacing my 15 year old Klipsch sub I keep coming back to Rythmik. After an email chat with Enrico his recommendation was 2 L22's. Not sure that I can make 2 fit my room(unless there is an option to connect 1 wireless). For a single sub he recommends an F18. I would appreciate any opinions to help me decide! Thanks
The SVS wireless adapter works with any sub you buy. It’s $120 though. One of my HSU subs is using it.

https://www.svsound.com/blogs/svs/how-to-set-up-a-wireless-subwoofer

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I'd rather make room for duals rather than rely on the single but depends on goals, you trying to smooth bass for multiple seats or only concerned about your own? There used to be a few more choices for the wireless but the SVS looks good (think at one point even Rythmik offered one....did you ask Enrico?)

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
How big is your room? L x w x h, or total volume the subs gonna be exposed to?

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Would dual HSU VTF3 subs fit? These allow for ported or sealed mode. You may need ported mode for that space.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
2400 cubic ft. main room open to 2000 cubic foot room upstairs.
That’s not so crazy. ;) I was shopping for subs for a 8000’3 room!
I would recommend two separate subs for sure, rather than one. Also consider subs rated here for large and extreme rooms according to the Bassaholic rating system.
Depending on the floor space you have available, I would always recommend going a little larger if you can. Two 13” or 15” subs, assuming they are good quality, will easily take care of that space. Hsu VTF2s at a minimum, Vtf3 or 15H would be better. Outlaw X13. Svs Pb 3000 or 4000. Svs PC4000! If the size works for you, I would consider 2 15” Rythmik over the 18”.
With the open space that you have, I would definitely suggest looking at ported subs, too.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis