rx v667 vs. rx v2065

M

mortonconst

Audioholic Intern
3 weeks ago i bought the rx v667 for just under $500.00. yesterday i saw an rx v2065 for $299.00.....i returned my 667 and bought the 2065....it was an impluse buy.....first time in a long time that i have purchased something without checking here first.....can i get some feedback....did i make the right move...below is my current equipment list

samsung c6500 60" led
samsung bd6500 blu ray
yamaha rx v2065
emotiva xpa 5
def tech bp7006 front left and right
def tech clr2300 center
dual emotiva ultra 10 subs
def tech uiw bpa surrounds

HexOmega

HexOmega

Audioholic
That's an awful nice receiver for $299. Was it open box or scratch/dent or B-stock?

If they have more at that price, go back and buy the rest then resell them on eBay or Amazon...they're still going for $950 on Amazon!

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
For $299, this is a very good buy even though I'm not a fan of the 1065/2065 series from Yamaha. IHO, they hit the bottom of the barrel with these receivers.

M

mortonconst

Audioholic Intern
the receiver was "misplaced" in the warehouse for over a year and then sold as open box..never was used....here are some of my concerns:
667 has video processor--2065 does not

667 has hdmi 1.4---2065 does not---is the 1.4 only for 3d???

667 has much nicer OSD---2065 looks like 1st generation improvement..could there possible be a firmware update for the OSD???

667 allows video to play while in pure direct---2065 does not

2065 audio processor is freaking awsome!!!!...
2065 has networking
2065 has front USB port....i can play music from a flasdrvie, ipod, external hardrive..

why is not much discussion about the 2065??? reviews are scarce...i dont see it listed in many peoples equipment list....as the person stated above...the 1065 and 2065 are bottom of the barrel?????what am i missing here???????

I

irvin

Junior Audioholic
Hey buddy I think you can anwser those questions yourself. How does the 2compare since you had time with both the 667 and 2065. Which one sounds better for music and movies.

M

mortonconst

Audioholic Intern
......what a novel idea....hahahah...i get so wrapped up in the techno this and techno that...that i guess i forgot what it really boils down to....what sounds better?????because that is what really matters...sure there are some techno factors that come into play..decoding...processing etc...but to take it brass tax....i would have to say that the 2065 "sounds" better..........than the 667....this whole thread was really i guess about trying to find out if my deal was really "too good to be true".....i guess ever once on a while...you just come across a sweat deal....

I

irvin

Junior Audioholic
glad you like 2065 you got it for a hell of a deal. Can you put into details why the 2065 sound better than the 667. Better vocal clarity, dynamic rage etc. etc. I had the 667 for a while and I thought it sounded kinda thin and bright. I even tried the different PEQ settings but still wasn't satisfied with the 667's sound. I may have to look for a 2065.

M

mortonconst

Audioholic Intern
the biggest thing that i noticed on the 2065 was that when you selected say "the roxy" as an EQ setting.....you heard a very noticeable difference between 2 channel stereo and the roxy setting.....when you switched to say "chamber in munic" it was a noticeable difference between the roxy.....when you selected "pure direct"...all hell broke loose....when i would switch between the same options on the 667...i did not really hear a difference except for pure direct....but all hell did not break loose like with the 2065....i still have to figure our how to get my subs to fire while in pure direct but that is for later. when you watch movies..dts hd master...there seemed to be more "liveliness".....i guess overall...the 2065 seems to process the signals better.......keep in mind...all it is doing for me is processing...i am using the xpa-5. not sure if you are using an amp or not..if not..the 667 is 90W per channel..the 2065 is 130w per channel...i think that the only thing that i miss about the 2065 is the OSD...it is really nice on the 667...you can pull it up and not totally interrupt what you are watching...with the 2065...it kills whatever video signal is playing when you pull up the OSD...if the 2065 had the same OSD as the 667....it would be the best receiver i ever had......

M

mortonconst

Audioholic Intern
can someone help me figure out how to get the "pop up menu" button to work while i am listening to rhapsody on the rx v2065???? it says in the manual to press this button in order to add tracks to your library. it also says that i can pause music with the remote and that does not work either....stop and play works on the secondary small remote but with the main remote......

K

knguyen1956

Audiophyte
3 weeks ago i bought the rx v667 for just under $500.00. yesterday i saw an rx v2065 for $299.00.....i returned my 667 and bought the 2065....it was an impluse buy.....first time in a long time that i have purchased something without checking here first.....can i get some feedback....did i make the right move...below is my current equipment list

samsung c6500 60" led
samsung bd6500 blu ray
yamaha rx v2065
emotiva xpa 5
def tech bp7006 front left and right
def tech clr2300 center
dual emotiva ultra 10 subs
def tech uiw bpa surrounds
Hi all
Does the AV V667 could be connect to WiFi network?
Thx
Ky Nguyen
knguyen1956@gmail.com

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
the receiver was "misplaced" in the warehouse for over a year and then sold as open box..never was used....here are some of my concerns:
667 has video processor--2065 does not

667 has hdmi 1.4---2065 does not---is the 1.4 only for 3d???

667 has much nicer OSD---2065 looks like 1st generation improvement..could there possible be a firmware update for the OSD???

667 allows video to play while in pure direct---2065 does not

2065 audio processor is freaking awsome!!!!...
2065 has networking
2065 has front USB port....i can play music from a flasdrvie, ipod, external hardrive..

why is not much discussion about the 2065??? reviews are scarce...i dont see it listed in many peoples equipment list....as the person stated above...the 1065 and 2065 are bottom of the barrel?????what am i missing here???????
The 2065 has Pure Direct mode and HDMI 1.3a. It has a lot more power than the 667.

The 2065 doesn't doesn't have new features like MusicCast, AirPlay, 4K, Atmos, DTSX, Network, WiFi.

As long as you are okay with this, I think it should be a great AVR - assuming it's in perfect working condition.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Hi all
Does the AV V667 could be connect to WiFi network?
Thx
Ky Nguyen
knguyen1956@gmail.com
No. I think the 667 lacks most new features like Network, Wifi, just like the 2065. I think only difference is the 667 has HDMI 1.4 vs 1.3a. Other than that, seems the same features as 2065.

So basically both are the same except the 2065 has more power and highe-end.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis