rx-v2500 front inputs...output too?

T

trekuhl

Enthusiast
can someone with the yamaha 2500 please tell me if you can use the REC OUT function will let you select the front input as an output? I looked online at the manual, but its not exactly clear...

I hook up my GL1 or XL1 sometimes to convert old VHS to miniDV (and then make DVDs on the PC, etc)

Is it possible to switch the REC OUT from either the front panel or from the GUI so that i could route my signal from my VCR1/2 and out to the front inputs, so i dont have to climb in the back and hook up or have any ugly extensions dangling from the back in the front for when i do hook up the camera?

muchos gracias!

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
Very unlikely. The output section of the receiver is hooked to an entirely different set of electronics than the input side.

I personally leave jumper cables in place so I can hook up external devices to my equipment from the front. Just a set of cables from your VCR2 Rec. Out jack tucked to the side and you can pull them out whenever you need them.

T

trekuhl

Enthusiast
i know i can do that, but on a $450 HK i can output to the front, so it seems logical in making the price jump into the $1k category that this would also be a usable feature....ya know?

Is there anyone with a 2500 and maybe 10-15 minutes of spare time that could check? i know on HK its done from there ASCII interface.

its just a big feature for my ease of use.

T

trekuhl

Enthusiast
goshdarnit!

its hard to believe that HK is the only folks doing this, i just checked on their avr635 (which is under $800 at BHphoto) and it does it. also chekcing on the onkyo 801 since i think onecall has them for 600 or so on clearance

maybe id be better off with a little less money on the receiver and get the polk LSiC center and LSi9 bookshelves for mains, which would plenty fill my bedroom...

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis