RX-V 2400 = low power

M

mwc

Audioholic Intern
<font color='#000000'>I've been told of a review of the Yamaha RX-V2400 in which they (reviewer) found that only 35 w/ch were put out with all channels driven.

Does anyone know where I can read the original review?</font>

Yamahaluver

Yamahaluver

Audioholic General
<font color='#0000FF'>That was the most ridiculous and biased test ever and it is typical from that source, why not read Gene's excellent review at this site, it is objective, unbiased and to the point, the RXV-2400 sounded almost as good as my flagship 130W rated RX-Z1 when I auditioned it so I dont think that it is pumping out 35W per channel.</font>

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
<font color='#000000'>The low power rating from HT Magazine was a result of the receiver entering self protection mode. &nbsp;This is not a real world test as music and movies do not tax all channels simultaneously at full power. &nbsp;Never did I find the RX-V2400 running out of gas for real world listening tests in my set-up.</font>

M

mwc

Audioholic Intern
<font color='#000000'>Yamahaluver and Gene, where can one view these measurments and who did the measuring and was it really the RX-V2400?

I get great, clean, robust sound from my 2400 and it never feels like it is straining for power even at high volume. If my 2400 is running at only 35 w/ch, pushing 7 low sensitivity speakers, rated at 4 and 6 ohms all I can say is WOW!!!!! Yamaha has pulled off a friggin' miracle with a 35 w/ch receiver.

It's impossible to get the kind of performance that I'm getting from a 35 w/ch receiver. (yes there is a hint of sarcasim here)

Please let me know where to find these infamous measurments. I have to see it for myself.

Btw, I have read Gene's review. It's an excellent review and I have a lot of respect for the Audioholics.com guys.
</font>

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis