RX A3080 Audio problems ongoing.

Good4it

Good4it

Audioholic Chief
It's not usually the manufacturer that accepts returns at all....that's a retailer function. Why I buy from those with some sort of return policy, preferably at least 30 days. What retailer offered none at all?

It was ordered at my direction from the manufacturer.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
It was ordered at my direction from the manufacturer.
So their excuse is that they wouldn't normally carry this particular model? Hopefully this retailer makes it worthwhile to support them in other ways?

Good4it

Good4it

Audioholic Chief
It's not usually the manufacturer that accepts returns at all....that's a retailer function. Why I buy from those with some sort of return policy, preferably at least 30 days. What retailer offered none at all?

I made an expensive, stupid mistake. Next time someone with a return policy. Looks like I made an error trying to save a few bucks.

I ordered a Cat 6 cable to try, just in case.

little wing

little wing

Audioholic General
Hopefully the cat 6 Ethernet will solve your issues. I would never buy anything of that magnitude from anybody other than Crutchfield, Best Buy or any other authorized dealer. Saving a coulpe of bucks isn't worth it when stuff like this happens.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
So in the 3080 manual it is clear that the AI button on the remote disables and enables AI. Does disabling AI help?

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Haven’t tried that. The router is at the other end of house. I use 4 Google mesh units for the wireless and have great strong internet.
Hard wired is usually better and the materials used can slow throughput, even with strong signal. Do a speed test from the AVR's location and if the speed is worse than you expect, hardwire it and see if it works better. You can/should also move the AVR to the router for this to compare the performance.

highfigh

highfigh

There was no return period. I was told Yamaha would accept NO RETURNS at any time, Day 1 on.
Where are you and who was the seller? If they're not a regular Yamaha dealer, they were right- there's no warranty.

little wing

little wing

Audioholic General
Where are you and who was the seller? If they're not a regular Yamaha dealer, they were right- there's no warranty.
He can't say. If I were them I wouldn't want my name out there either.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
It seems very strange. He had the 1050 which is very similar but a few years older. It’s like the new one is somehow defective. I would try to use a Blu-ray source and a regular cd and try left ch then right ch only to see if it is just one speaker channel. Basically try to isolate.

Good4it

Good4it

Audioholic Chief
Tried that along with a cat 6 cable and MANY things. Yamaha said they think it’s me but as soon as I send mine back, and they receive it at my expense, they will send a “replacement “. Refurbished? Of course I’ll have to disconnect it, pack it , mail it and be without it till the replacement arrives, gets hooked up and restored. Not to mention 1 1/2 months of trouble shooting.

If it sounds like l am mad it’s because I AM. My wife doesn’t understand.

highfigh

highfigh

He can't say. If I were them I wouldn't want my name out there either.
Why not? If there's nothing untrue in his depiction of the dealer or the transaction, there's nothing to worry about WRT liable or slander and if the dealer treats all of their customers this way, they deserve whatever bad reputation they get.

Is the dealer owned by the Mob?

little wing

little wing

Audioholic General
Well, post 28 indicates to me that this dealer doesn't want to be known. When I asked who he bought it from his response was "I can't say unless they ok it"

But I definitely see your point though. I guess the lesson in all this, to me anyways, If you buy a flagship receiver, and a new model at that, you better damn well buy from an authorized dealer with a return policy. Because trying to save few dollars on the purchase is a gamble for sure.

Good4it

Good4it

Audioholic Chief
Fair and square deal (with warranty thank goodness) Authorised dealership.

Quit thinking that because I won’t tell I’m anything but honest. I resent that.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Sorry this is happening to you. I hope this all works out for you.

little wing

little wing

Audioholic General
Fair and square deal (with warranty thank goodness) Authorised dealership.

Quit thinking that because I won’t tell I’m anything but honest. I resent that.
I did not mean to apply that at all. If I did I apologize. I really hope you get the service and satisfaction you deserve.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis