Rush Concert in Tampa's Ford Amphitheater Reviewed

Rush on their 30th Anniversary tour made a stop in Tampa in the new Ford Amphitheater Friday, July 30th. This is the first time in Florida that they have played in an outdoor arena. Having been a Rush fan for 27 of their 30 years and having gone to their concerts for 26 years, Ken Stein offers a great perspective on the latest performance including the songs, styles and performances of Geddy, Alexa and Neil.

Read the Concert Review...

Attachments

P

Polkfan

Audioholic
I am also a huge Rush fan, although I have never seen them live in concert. However, I did pick up the Rush in Rio DVD that absolutely rocks. I too was and always have been quite impressed with Alex Lifeson's ability and have always felt he was very under rated as a guitarist. He, Geddy, and Neil are flawless players. Excellent article!

Last edited:
U

Unregistered

rush

saw rush in toronto Aug 23 amazing show my **** is still hard

Last edited by a moderator:
D

duff

Audioholic Intern
I managed to see them in Buffalo up close in the pavilion at the local ampitheater (Darien Lake). Then a week later in Toronto for the hometown show.
I hadn't been to Molson Ampitheatre before and it was almost too big. Way out on the lawn didn't compare to up close and personal. I probably could have skipped that 2nd show. Still good though.

I've only gone to shows since the Roll the Bones tour but I've managed to get in 7 of them! Always a pleasure.

C

Cygnus

Senior Audioholic
Rush has gotta be easily my fave band, allthough i havent seen them in concert, i have all of their albums and "Chronicles" the DVD and RIR DVD :D

G

GettinDegreez

Junior Audioholic
Just wondering since there are some Rush fans here if anyone likes, listens to, or has even heard of Coheed and Cambria. They are pretty progressive rock like Rush, and the singer also sounds similar in that he sings really high. Their music is very good.

G

GettinDegreez

Junior Audioholic
Try finding either Time Consumer or In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth 3, those are really good examples or their talent and give good examples or their musical style.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis