Running TV,Stereo and PC audio through Stereo and PC speakers. Possible?

M

MorningWood

Audiophyte
Hey guys I have question that no one has really been able to answer for me so I'm asking you;
I have a basic 25 inch tv with rca out plugs, a Panasonic SA-HT670 Home Theater in a box, a Panasonic SA-HE70 reciever, a set of Cambridge Soundworks & a set of Altec Lansing computer speakers.

What I would like to do is somehow play both sound from my TV, PC and Stereo from the Cambridge Soundworks, Altec Lansing and Panasonic speakers. The Panasonic speakers are currently hooked up to the home theatre in a box and I would intially like for it (the home theatre in a box) to be plugged into the reciever. Is all this possible? And if so, how? Both of the computer speaker sets are plugged into the back of the pc . So essentially what I'm asking is how can I play TV, Stereo and PC sound with all three sets of speakers.

Thank you for your time and sorry about the confusing explanation.

Beegowl

Beegowl

Junior Audioholic
What goes in comes out.

You need signal inputs and signal outputs. If you can get an audio signal from the TV to the receiver, then you can get audio output from the speakers hooked to your receiver. And, so on. Playing all speakers simultaneously from a single signal source probably can't be done on the system you describe. Your computer audio card has to have audio out and audio in. Usually a tv won't play with the internal speakers once you've connected external speakers through the audio out jacks. Lots of variations. If you want to run speakers from two separate amplification sources, you have to feed the amplification source a simultaneous signal which you might be able to do with Y connectors. Your setup just has too many unknowns and too many variations to really give you any solid advice about hooking it up.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis