RTJ Audio!!! Which is owned by JTR Audio

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
So I guess JTR has released a new line called RTJ Audio. Check it out!

Prices have increased on the RTJ lineup. Not sure why the big increases. Since to my eye they are using the exact same materials as the JTR speakers. They are charging $1k for a speaker box! Is that normal? I really do love JTR and I hope they haven't fallen into the greedy side of things and now over charge for their speakers. Guess time will tell.

RTJ AUDIO

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
So I guess JTR has released a new line called RTJ Audio. Check it out!

Prices have increased on the RTJ lineup. Not sure why the big increases. Since to my eye they are using the exact same materials as the JTR speakers. They are charging $1k for a speaker box! Is that normal? I really do love JTR and I hope they haven't fallen into the greedy side of things and now over charge for their speakers. Guess time will tell.

RTJ AUDIO
Cool to know.

Keep in mind, raw materials are stupid expensive right now. Jeff uses Baltic Birch which is wholesaling in my neighborhood for $68 per 5x5 sheet (18mm). So you decide how much may be greed vs covering expenses. ;)
(Keep in mind, that if he isn't building cabinets himself, then he is paying a vendor to do that for him!)
I also know his premium Drivers and Preferred Amp modules are also not... inexpensive. This all adds up for a small American Company! :)

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
Cool to know.

Keep in mind, raw materials are stupid expensive right now. Jeff uses Baltic Birch which is wholesaling in my neighborhood for $68 per 5x5 sheet (18mm). So you decide how much may be greed vs covering expenses. ;)
(Keep in mind, that if he isn't building cabinets himself, then he is paying a vendor to do that for him!)
I also know his premium Drivers and Preferred Amp modules are also not... inexpensive. This all adds up for a small American Company! :)
Oh no doubt. That driver they use costs about $850. That was about a year and a half ago. Maybe it's gone up to $1k now. But when comparing this new speaker at $8k which is 44x22.5x15 in shape vs the Noesis 215 which is 72x17x22.5 in shape at $4k with same materials. I'm guess I'm just wondering why something smaller costs double what the top of the line JTR model costs.

Also, everything is built to order in house. No outside venders that I'm aware of.

I mean go with 3 Noesis 215's at $12k for front LCR or go with 3-410's at $24k for LCR? Does the 410 give double the sound??? haha

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I thought I'd find more home-friendly finishes to start....but they don't seem to go there. Curious name one way or the other....altho never really knew what JTR stood for either :) (assume Jeff was the J?)

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
You know, it occurs to me that perhaps he's not distributing these direct, rather shooting for distribution/ All the JTR stuff used to have MSRP and a direct purchase price online...
Just a thought.

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
I thought I'd find more home-friendly finishes to start....but they don't seem to go there. Curious name one way or the other....altho never really knew what JTR stood for either :) (assume Jeff was the J?)
I do believe he will custom paint your speakers. Of course it will be an additional cost. Not sure how much though.

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
You know, it occurs to me that perhaps he's not distributing these direct, rather shooting for distribution/ All the JTR stuff used to have MSRP and a direct purchase price online...
Just a thought.
I have requested more info from their sales dept. I was working with them before putting together a couple quotes for a future build. I do hope that prices will be similar to other products. They also have a discount of 5% or 10% depending on how many you purchase.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Then again starting with a basic finish if you're going to hide the speakers behind a screen or such would be a nice way to save money on different paint jobs and finishes (which yes, knew were available for quotation....but can't say I've seen any such finish/quotes for costs).

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
RTJ is his foray into distributing to whole sale installers and such. It's why he changed the name. You can still buy all his speakers at the JTR price online direct at JTR. But for whole sales he is going to offer options you can't get on that site also the markup is for the distributors. That way customers don't get confused

But honestly the level of client he is shooting for that can afford an entire custom built JTR setup or as they say RTJ setup from a custom installer is not going to care about the price of markup.

And for those guys there still getting a bargain when you consider everything JTR speakers bring to the table they can play with speakers above there price point that's for sure

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Just a thought.
I believe it's why you can't find an online site for RTJ you have to contact a dealer or wholesaler

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
RTJ is his foray into distributing to whole sale installers and such. It's why he changed the name. You can still buy all his speakers at the JTR price online direct at JTR. But for whole sales he is going to offer options you can't get on that site also the markup is for the distributors. That way customers don't get confused

But honestly the level of client he is shooting for that can afford an entire custom built JTR setup or as they say RTJ setup from a custom installer is not going to care about the price of markup.

And for those guys there still getting a bargain when you consider everything JTR speakers bring to the table they can play with speakers above there price point that's for sure
Yeah, since it’s so new and I just found out about it 2 days ago, I was stunned when I saw the price. I will reach out to them for some final pricing. I already have a $35k speaker build I’ve priced out with them. Maybe I’ll swap out the 215’s and get the 410’s instead. Since everything will be behind an AT screen anyways. I won’t need the single 15 subs on top or bottom. I’m sticking with their 4000 subs. But seeing them finally make some in-ceiling/wall speakers is nice.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Yeah, since it’s so new and I just found out about it 2 days ago, I was stunned when I saw the price. I will reach out to them for some final pricing. I already have a $35k speaker build I’ve priced out with them. Maybe I’ll swap out the 215’s and get the 410’s instead. Since everything will be behind an AT screen anyways. I won’t need the single 15 subs on top or bottom. I’m sticking with their 4000 subs. But seeing them finally make some in-ceiling/wall speakers is nice.
I believe those in ceiling and in walls will only be for RTJ I don't see them on his JTR website

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Thats going to be a sweeeet setup man

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Whatever I just wish Jeff P the best of luck in conquering the "audiophile" market

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
While I'm sure the quality of the sound from those speakers is impressive, they are some of the most god awful looking things I've ever seen. Wow.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
While I'm sure the quality of the sound from those speakers is impressive, they are some of the most god awful looking things I've ever seen. Wow.
They are intended to be placed behind an acoustically transparent screen, so they are meant to be heard and not seen.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
The stack of four 18s is pretty good looking. Only $14,999. LOL :)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis