RSL Speedwoofer 10E Subwoofer Review

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
10e 3.jpg
The audio market hasn’t been immune to the dramatically rising prices over the last few years, and unfortunately, this has priced a lot of people out of buying higher-performing products. Receivers, loudspeakers, and audio accessory prices have risen dramatically since the pandemic, and a dollar doesn’t go as far as it once did. So what can be done if you want a good sub but are cash-strapped? RSL Speakers might have done this market segment a BIG favor with their recently-released Speedwoofer 10E. The Speedwoofer 10E bears a lot of resemblance to their very popular Speedwoofer 10S MKII: same woofer appearance, same enclosure size, and same amplifier type. The most obvious difference is the pricing. The Speedwoofer 10E is priced at $299 (Shipped) as opposed to the $450 price of the 10S MKII, a 33% reduction in cost. The question then becomes: how much of the more expensive sub’s performance can be retained in a lower price point? And how does the Speedwoofer 10E fare against other $300 subs in the market? Those are some questions we will try to answer in our review of the RSL Speedwoofer 10E.

READ: RSL Speedwoofer 10E Subwoofer Review

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
The audio market hasn’t been immune to the dramatically rising prices over the last few years, and unfortunately, this has priced a lot of people out of buying higher-performing products. Receivers, loudspeakers, and audio accessory prices have risen dramatically since the pandemic, and a dollar doesn’t go as far as it once did. So what can be done if you want a good sub but are cash-strapped? RSL Speakers might have done this market segment a BIG favor with their recently-released Speedwoofer 10E. The Speedwoofer 10E bears a lot of resemblance to their very popular Speedwoofer 10S MKII: same woofer appearance, same enclosure size, and same amplifier type. The most obvious difference is the pricing. The Speedwoofer 10E is priced at $299 (Shipped) as opposed to the $450 price of the 10S MKII, a 33% reduction in cost. The question then becomes: how much of the more expensive sub’s performance can be retained in a lower price point? And how does the Speedwoofer 10E fare against other $300 subs in the market? Those are some questions we will try to answer in our review of the RSL Speedwoofer 10E.

READ: RSL Speedwoofer 10E Subwoofer Review
What a great review Shady. Thosre numbers and that type of performance are simply amazing for that price point.

My new top recommendation for anyone on a tight budget way to go RSL!!!!

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Spartan
Thanks, Shady. Almost wish I hadn't purchased an ELAC sub 6 months or so ago. But I'm ok with the sound after I fiddled around with it for a while.

M

MandM

Junior Audioholic
I've owned many car subs but only ONE sub for my movies and music....my old and trusted Mirage LF-150. It's 22 years old and not a single problem. How would this compare to my old sub? The price and size are attractive!

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I've owned many car subs but only ONE sub for my movies and music....my old and trusted Mirage LF-150. It's 22 years old and not a single problem. How would this compare to my old sub? The price and size are attractive!
If your sub is the one I found, the RSL will be better in every way. It might have “not a single problem” but I’m sure the RSL will be more linear with less distortion , and also be more capable down low etc.

Bobby Bass

Bobby Bass

Audioholic Chief
Thanks for the review. After waiting for it to come back in stock I finally received mine about a month ago. It’s in a second system so I haven’t had a lot of time to listen but so far so good. Looks and build quality matches James’ review. Have it hooked up to an old Yamaha AVR that has a 200 Hz single sub output so the setting on the crossover is set to ‘off” per the instructions. Running about 25% volume and it sounds good. Running EQ through Wiim Pro Plus but need To spend some time dialing it in. A great deal for $309 delivered.

Last edited:
davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Spartan
Thanks for the review. After waiting for it to come back in stock I finally received mine about a month ago. It’s in a second system so I haven’t had a lot of time to listen but so far so good. Looks and build quality matches James’ review. Have it hooked up to an old Yamaha AVR that has a 200 Hz single sub output so the setting on the crossover is set to ‘off” per the instructions. Running about 25% volume and it sounds good. Running EQ through Wiim Pro Plus but need To spend some time dialing it in. A great deal for $409 delivered.
Please let us know how it sounds in your system. I also have WIIM Pro Plus.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis