Rotel RSX-1067 Surround Sound Receiver

A

audio_neophyte

Enthusiast
Anyone have an opinion of the Rotel RSX-1067 Surround Sound Receiver?

H

hootie10

Enthusiast
Hi there,

As far as sound and power, I think it's one of the best. What speakers are you going to use?

You can't go wrong with this receiver, it's great.

A

audio_neophyte

Enthusiast
speakers

Thanks for the input.

I am (unfortunately) trying to stay with somewhat smaller speakers to keep the wifey happy. I'm probably going with the B&W VM1's and one of the 600 series subwoofers for a 5.1 surround setup.

H

hootie10

Enthusiast
Those B&W's look pretty cool. I haven't heard them yet, however. Considering the speakers that you are getting, I would opt to get the RSX-1056 instead, which is still a great receiver and cheaper than the RSX 1067. It will have the perfect amount of power for your setup.

You will not be disappointed.

Go for the RSX-1056. I think its the better buy in your situation (Unless you plan on upgrading to 7.1 and only using one receiver and no other amplification).

A

audio_neophyte

Enthusiast
rotel

I also need it to power a second zone that includes a couple of other rooms. That's why I went with the 1067.

R

Ross

Junior Audioholic
Rotel and B/W is a tried-n-true combo that yields great results. You won't be sorry.

Ross.

P

Pete Dzwonkas

Audioholic Intern
A review of the 1067 for you

Hope this helps.

http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/volume_12_1/rotel-rsx-1067-receiver-1-2005.html

Ross is correct about the compatibility. B&W and Rotel share development labs and actually have close business ties, so their equipment complements each other because they work so closely, not by happenstance.

The 1067 was actually my first choice and now I am back to considering it again. I originally went away from it to get bells and whistles and was targeting the new Marantz 8500 (can be had for $1350 locally I found out) with THx, a room "equalization" feature, etc. But this review of 1067 indicates more 7.1 capability than I thought it had. I definitely want a 7.1 set-up for movies.

I've been around the horn a couple of times past Denon, Pioneer, Anthem, you name it. I even bought a Rotel 3x200 wpc amp for the fronts already to replace by pile of Haflers that now probably will go on Ebay.

I was planning B&W 703's and an HTM1 center, but tonight I am going to auditon some Onix Rockets to see how they compare to B&W for way less money. Can't wait.

Pete

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis