Roon to Yamaha RX-A2010

H

Hiker1969

Enthusiast
I currently have a RX-A2010 and have been super happy with it for years. My question is I would like to try ROON preferably or JRiver, has anyone used ROON with this receiver? What did you use to connect with? I was thinking going from desktop PC, Ethernet Cable to Receiver, but unsure if this works. I have never had the Ethernet Cable connected, but thinking I prefer a hard connection and was wondering if it would play this way since there is an onboard Dac. My other options I think would be is to go Bluetooth to a Dac, then to Receiver, but I do not really want to use Bluetooth or a secondary Dac, since there is already Dac inside the unit or can I since I already have iPad connected to Receiver via USB, can I Bluetooth Roon to iPad, then iPad into Receiver via USB. I have read you can do Bluetooth to iPad, then to Dac that Roon can read then into Receiver. Again, I can understand if it was an analog set up and had no onboard Dac but isn't External Dac into the Dac on Receiver just too much? I really think the hard connect with Ethernet would be best and how I would like to connect with, but unsure. If someone knows the way or a better way, please let me know. Thanks to everyone in advance.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis