Room layout suggestions

M

mrg0612

Audiophyte
I am looking for some insight into the best layout and set up for a home theater. This is the 1st time I have set one up from the beginning as our other home already had it completed. The room size is 13' wide and 19' front to back. The ceiling is 9' tall. We will most likely use an 85"-90" TV vs going with a projector this time. I've used Focal and Definitive Tech in the past but I'm considering Triad speakers this time.

Whats the best setup for seating? I'd like to get 2 rows with 4 in the back and 3 in the front but I'm not sure I'll have enough distance from TV. Any all insight is welcomed!

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Welcome to AH. :)

If you can place the TV on the 13 ft wall, you should have plenty of distance. All you need for that size TV is about 9 ft or so. I am at 13 ft for a 115" diagonal screen.
That will give you a good rear distance for the rear channels. Consider Atmos setup.

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
I did a review on the Triad Bronze Inwalls and can speak to their ease of installation, as well as the fact that unlike cheaper brands, you don't have to DIY a sealed cavity for them as they are self contained in their own enclosure!

For a main theater tho, I would definitely recommend going above the Bronze models for a broader frequency range. @DigitalDawn is our in house distributor for Triad, so reach out to her if you have any questions!

M

mrg0612

Audiophyte
Thanks for the info so far guys! My only hesitation with triad is the aluminum dome tweeter. Seems like a higher end brand would use silk or ribbon.

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
Thanks for the info so far guys! My only hesitation with triad is the aluminum dome tweeter. Seems like a higher end brand would use silk or ribbon.
I'm not aware of a Triad speaker that uses an Al tweeter, what are you seeing?

When you look at the Silver and Gold models, they use more and more Scanspeak drivers as price increases, FWIW!

DigitalDawn

DigitalDawn

Senior Audioholic
No Aluminum tweeters on any Triad speakers that I know of.

www.triadspeakers.com

I would be happy to help you select speakers for your room if you like.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis