Room Dimensions and Speaker recommendation

D

dajovin

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>I have been here before and gotten great ideas and recommendations. I would like to get a little more technical now. I have made all the (I hope) nec. measurements in order to ask which speakers would suit/fit my room and needs. No better place than here.
First: Rm Size : 14' x 13', 10' ceilings( walls in front and back, glass patio door on one side, open area to kitchen on opposite).
Viewing : TV is 10' 8&quot; from sofa
Center Channel would be 54&quot; off floor, 5&quot; above TV on shelf (37&quot;wide x 9&quot; high)
Floor to top of TV is 49&quot; high (TV is in Ent Cntr)
Would front speakers need to match this height?
Front speakers would be approx 28&quot; away from TV on either side ( CANNOT get closer due to glass cabinets)
Seating : upon being seated ear level approx 48&quot; high.
Rear speakers need to match this height?
Rear speakers would be approx 13' apart (on each side of sofa)
The speakers considered are: M22's on stands (I have 2 kids ( 7&amp;11), need stable stands. Or would M60's be TOO large in this area.
I don't want to be OVERPOWERED, or over crowded.
Qs 4 or QS8
VP 100 or VP 150
And stands for both front and rears.
I think I covered all. Any suggestions?
These would be paired with possibly an SVS sub (I will contact them based on figures)
And either the Pioneer Elite 53TX , HK AVR 525 , (If I had cash) Pioneer 55 TXi. Most likely either of the first two.
Thanks in advance
Dave  
</font>

Last edited by a moderator:
<font color='#000080'>M50s or M60s would play loud in that room, but would probably not be out of the question. If you have to trim, be sure to get the VP150 and the QS8s then see what speakers you need to get from there.

M22ti(s) on stands would be nice, but I prefer something that can't fall on my kids! &nbsp;
</font>

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis