River Cable Flexygy

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
You read my review here of the River Cable Flexygy 6 Speaker Cable. Please share your opinions of this product if you happened to take advantage of our special purchase incentive.

C

cornelius

Full Audioholic
Hi Gene,

I'm actually waiting until your next cable face-off. Any idea when it'll be out?

Neil

M

MrKlister

Junior Audioholic
Ok, I'll get the ball rolling. I did purchase the Flexygy cable taking advantage of the 10% discount. I was very happy with the short delivery time and the package they came in. The birth certificate is an interesting addition. It adds a certain personal touch and makes you feel that the company takes pride in its product.

The cables have a very good build quality and are quite attractive. They are very flexible, so they should be quite easy to place in tight quarters.

The one thing I really like about these cables is the expanding bananna plugs. They are easy to insert and really lock in place. The spades on the other hand were a little small for my speakers, but still adequate. The flat cable is quite unobtrusive visually.

In my system(Sunfire TGIII, Sunfire CGII, Sonus Faber Concerto, Concertino, and Solo, REL Q150E sub) they sound fine. I would certainly recommend these cables.

O

O'Shag

Junior Audioholic
Hey there MrKlister,
Sounds like you've got a nice system, especially the Sonus Faber Concertos which I've heard are very good. I'm wondering how the River speaker cables you've just purchased compare to Cobalt Speaker cables. I've been thinking about purchasing the Cobalts because they recommended them in the speaker cable comparison. Did you check out Cobalt cables also? Also, how long is your speaker cable run?

O'Shag

M

MrKlister

Junior Audioholic
O'Shag,

I really like the Concertos. Since I listen to music about 70% of the time they work out great. On most recordings they just disappear.

I am running about an 8' run to the front speakers and a 3' run to the center. I am using an inexpensive flat wire from parts express to the surrounds. That run is about 20'.

The Cobalt cable is good also. It is physically larger than the Flexygy if that is a concern. The banannas fit a little loose in the amp. It may be different for you. The spade connectors were really good on the Cobalt cable though.

MrKlister

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis