River Cable Flexygy 6 Conductor Flat Speaker Cable Review

Cables are a topic that we enjoy diving into the details of and exposing the snake oils when they surface. Most esoteric cable companies are easy prey with their outlandish claims based on half-engineering truths or outrageously wild theories that are unprovable with any valid science. For a list of the common snake oils we have so far uncovered, I recommend reading the following Audioholics article:

Top Ten Signs a Cable Vendor is Selling You Snake Oil

It is refreshing for once to find an esoteric cable company such as River Cable that doesn’t promote snake oils or nonsense. Their products don’t get cryogenically frozen. They don’t promote cable break-in. They don’t promote nonsense such as diode rectification, skin effect, dielectric absorption, or the moon gravitational flux density affecting the electric field polarization wrecking havoc on the sonic performance of the cables. Instead they produce cables that measure as well as they look. Their no-nonsense build quality, product appeal and use of quality materials is what makes their asking price seem sensible. Such is the case with their current offering and premier product - The Flexygy.

Read the Full Article

H

House de Kris

Enthusiast
Thanks for writing that review of speaker cables. As best as I can tell from the reading, features this cable have in its favor are 1) flat, 2) flexible, and 3) nice connectors. When compared to a reasonable competitor, 10AWG zip cord, the Flexygy would be a far second when considering the $215/3m pair price. Admittedly, those connectors do sound very nice. It is a shame Rivers doesn't sell these individually. Perhaps they do, but I was unable to find out from their website. Heck, I'd give them $10 EACH for the connectors and still make a comparable cable for less than half price.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
They offer that connector on their lower model cable "Star Flex" as well. I will be measuring that cable in the next week or so. I think it will measure quite well based on its gauge and geometry. Realize most people don't want to terminate their own cables so I think you can see the appeal of paying a premium to have it done for you.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis