Ripping music to my hard drive.

B

Blue Dude

Audioholic
If you don't want to re-rip everything in EAC just to make sure the rips are accurate, try Cuetools to verify your lossless rips against the Accurip database. It's very, very fast but it might mean monkeying around with your metadata to get it to recognize the correct disc. If your files verify against the database with good numbers, then you know those are accurate rips and you don't have to be concerned. This will let you focus on only those files that need to be re-ripped, which takes a lot longer than verifying, or even patch them without requiring a re-rip if the errors are very small. I've run my entire library through Cuetools and it's a great little program.

P

photographer86

Audioholic
Yup when first opened I had it do its auto thing as well with knowing my drive. Ripped great! Worked Great! I think I like it!

sholling

sholling

Audioholic Ninja
EAC if you have a handful of CDs, but if you have many hundreds like I do then dbPoweramp is the only practical way to go. It's every bit as accurate as EAC but far more powerful, powerful enough to support batch ripping with multiple drives ripping at the same time, auto tagging and auto filing the way you want your files stored. The downside? It costs $39 for a single PC.

https://secure.dbpoweramp.com/store_combi.aspx?c=2

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
EAC if you have a handful of CDs, but if you have many hundreds like I do then dbPoweramp is the only practical way to go. It's every bit as accurate as EAC but far more powerful, powerful enough to support batch ripping with multiple drives ripping at the same time, auto tagging and auto filing the way you want your files stored. The downside? It costs $39 for a single PC.

https://secure.dbpoweramp.com/store_combi.aspx?c=2
IIRC there are others that can support multiple drives...if one even has multiple drives to use....

sholling

sholling

Audioholic Ninja
if one even has multiple drives to use....
People have different priorities. In my case I had a whole lot of CDs and not a ton of free time to spend ripping so I built a 4 CD drive PC and saved a lot of time. But building a new PC isn't always necessary if you have an old mini-tower PC or know someone that does. That PC is long gone but my current gaming rig has 2 drives just so that I'm covered when I go nuts at the local used CD store or garage sales. What I have not investigated is whether dbPoweramp can use multiple USB drives effectively.

tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

Audioholic Field Marshall
I have been using Fre:ac (https://www.freac.org/) for years now to convert my CD's to flac and I have been happy with it how ever I have never thinked about it changing volume or something. For 99% of the albums it gets the info from web servers so you don't need to type anything while using it.

little wing

little wing

Audioholic General
I'm late to this party, but I use Jriver. There is a one time cost download the software but I think it's a good program.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis